Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobby Lobby

I was in the Titusville, FL store yesterday to get a few things & noticed a few of the shelf labels had been replaced. I didn't see the '60 F-100 label, but did see one for the Revell '39 Chevrolet Sedan Delivery.

The '64 Olds & '66 Mustang they had on clearance a few weeks ago are back on the shelf at full price!

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 6:36 AM, bobss396 said:

I thought I had seen a Revell '30 Ford there, I'll go back next week to look. I would at least grab a '36 Chevy modified kit at 40% off.

I have yet to see the 30 Coupe at HL since the retool. See the 29 roadster all the time, but never the 30 coupe.

19 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

I have yet to see the 30 Coupe at HL since the retool. See the 29 roadster all the time, but never the 30 coupe.

I was there yesterday, no '30 as well. They serve up the SOS it appears.

Around here the week without the sale is the time to see what they have.  I am sure early monday the retirees hit the store (as they should) for the stuff they need. 

There are always empty spots during the sale dates but not so much when no sale. 

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, thatz4u said:

which HL stores carry the AMT 1960 F-100, the Richmond IN store says it is not listed as being stocked.....

My local store here in CA has a spot for it, but no kits yet. So I guess they are coming. 

On 5/21/2024 at 7:13 PM, thatz4u said:

which HL stores carry the AMT 1960 F-100, the Richmond IN store says it is not listed as being stocked.....

No inside info here just lots of retail exsperence. R2/AMT sold out the first run of the 60 Ford before they landed. The 2nd run is also about sold out.  As long as the kit is this hot there is no need to sell to any mass merchandiser like HL. Once sales cool some R2 may offer the kit at the discount MM need. Until then no MM sales. Just IMHO ONLY! 

Edited by Dave Van

I visited the HL that I go to the most yesterday. Their usual model aisle was nearly taken over by diecast cars. The 1/25 model cars were down to 9 at the very lower left, plus the AMT 1/16 '55 Chevy. They had another dozen or so 1/25 on a nearby "overflow" display.

I had a Demon in my hand for a few minutes, but decided to put it back. 

• Like 1