Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT 1963 Chevy II Nova Station Wagon - Craftsman Plus

Casey

Just now, Classicgas said:

Where did you pre order it?

Tower Hobbies, $24.99. I figure by the time it's in stock they will have a coupon for $$ off the order or free shipping. 

I have a resin version of this wagon from MCW that I have yet to build, not sure why I am looking to add to my stash but this wagon looks so cool.

22 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

Feb. 2021? Why then  did Round2 put it in their December release video?  I have a trumpeter  6 cylinder set aside for it.

Their release videos tend to be inaccurate.  They had the James Bond Mach 1 in the November video, and it's not out yet.

The 007 Mustang should be out in a few days....

Racers Wedge - Late December 

Nova Wagon & GMC Jimmy (will be coming with pad printed M&H Racemasters) are January releases.

Other 1/21 releases as the distribution stands at the moment - Hostess Ford C600 w/27' Trailer, '77 Ford "Surfer" Van with newly tooled surfboard & roof rack, '53 Studebaker in USPS Tin, and '58 Plymouth Street Fury "SLAMMERS" SnapTite - molded in Neon Green

2 hours ago, the other Mike S. said:

Are the supply chains coming from China still a factor?

Can't speak for the model kit companies but the company I work for is Japan based and we get a fair amount of product from Japan and it has been taking longer to get it here. And once it gets here, it often gets hung up in customs at the port of entry. Where we could count on 90-120 day from placement of order to on our loading dock in the US is now closer to 120-150 days, provided there aren't any government restrictions or labor issues either in Japan or the US. And because the USA relies on China for so many manufactured goods, it's getting harder to get space on a cargo ship to get product from the Far East- China, Korea, Japan- anywhere across the Pacific ocean. Needless to say but some of my customers are upset we have problems shipping what they ordered at 100% fill rate, explaining the problem makes it sound like we are making excuses.

As to why Tower Hobbies shows different dates? They don't get preferential treatment anymore now that they are not part of Revell. And just guessing, they tend to pad the release dates. For me it's no big deal, I won't be starting on any of these kits immediately so it doesn't matter if I get them in January, February or March.

5 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Can't speak for the model kit companies but the company I work for is Japan based and we get a fair amount of product from Japan and it has been taking longer to get it here. And once it gets here, it often gets hung up in customs at the port of entry. Where we could count on 90-120 day from placement of order to on our loading dock in the US is now closer to 120-150 days, provided there aren't any government restrictions or labor issues either in Japan or the US. And because the USA relies on China for so many manufactured goods, it's getting harder to get space on a cargo ship to get product from the Far East- China, Korea, Japan- anywhere across the Pacific ocean. Needless to say but some of my customers are upset we have problems shipping what they ordered at 100% fill rate, explaining the problem makes it sound like we are making excuses.

As to why Tower Hobbies shows different dates? They don't get preferential treatment anymore now that they are not part of Revell. And just guessing, they tend to pad the release dates. For me it's no big deal, I won't be starting on any of these kits immediately so it doesn't matter if I get them in January, February or March.

then there's this..

https://www.shippingandfreightresource.com/thousands-of-containers-overboard-in-worst-containership-disaster-one-apus/

ONE Apus Arrives in Kobe, Revealing Cargo Loss of Epic Proportions –  gCaptain

yep, containers get lost at sea. Depending on the freight and manufacturer, it can be very costly. One company I worked for lost two containers off a ship and because you pay for the goods at time of order, you have to reorder and hope they make it the second time. It was very expensive as we were self insured on those shipments.

36 photos and captions at this link....  including some comparo shots with the previous "Boss Wagon" kit body.  It turns out that not just the body is from all new tooling.  Make sure to read the captions for each photo so you can get the full details.  Will attempt to answer any follow-up questions you have.  Thanks for looking...TIM 

DSC 0482

Edited by tim boyd

https://round2corp.com/product/amt-1963-chevy-ii-nova-station-wagon-craftsman-plus-series-125-scale-model-kit/

AUTHENTIC KIT: Featuring ALL-NEW tooling, AMT’s “Craftsman Plus” kits are simple enough for beginners but with enough detail to satisfy even the most seasoned model builder!

FUN-PACKED: Craftsman Plus kits are “curbside” style – fast, fun and easy to build. A simple engine plate replaces a multi-piece motor to speed assembly and finish a beautiful replica in a short amount of time.

AMT1202-1963-Nova-Wagon-LO-RES.jpg.ee9adb55909a8e301c455ba54fdd81fd.jpg

OUTSTANDING ! Round2 keeps outdoing themselves with these newly-tooled-bodies kits ( Grumpy's 1972 Vega P/S ; 1970 Camaro Z~28 non-R.S. , and ; now this long sought-after beauty ! ) . 

Now , how about the 1973-1974 Charger , 1973-1974 Challenger , 1973-1974 Barracuda , and... 1971 Road Runner (hold the Liver-Failure Yellow plastic) !

Thanks much for the photos and text , Tim !