Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg 1967 Olds 442.

Dragonhawk1066

This one is Lindberg's 1967 Olds 442. The color is Craftsmart Deep Bronze Metallic craft paint and is cleared with Decoart Gloss Varnish, both sprayed through my Paasche H airbrush. The interior is Apple Barrel Pure White craft paint and the black is just Stynylrez black primer, both also airbrushed, with a coat of pledge floor gloss on the seats, dash, and door panels. I added parts box tires with RWL decals from Fireball Modelworks, and the wheels are from the AMT 1969 Olds 442 kit with the spokes painted with Tamiya X-10 Acrylic Gunmetal. I also added door locks, valve stems, heater hoses and ignition wires for added details and the window trim is BMF. The final fit was a little tricky, but this was a pretty decent and well detailed kit otherwise. Thanks for looking!

DSCN5429.JPG

DSCN5435.JPG

DSCN5439.JPG

DSCN5441.JPG

DSCN5444.JPG

DSCN5445.JPG

DSCN5450.JPG

DSCN5451.JPG

DSCN5454.JPG

DSCN5424.JPG

Edited by Dragonhawk1066

On 11/25/2020 at 4:50 PM, cobraman said:

Very sharp. I like it !

On 11/25/2020 at 5:59 PM, Maindrian Pace said:

Quite a nice build, and a lovely color combo too.

On 11/25/2020 at 6:42 PM, BeakDoc said:

Exceptional build! Great color combo as well. One of my favorite kits.

On 11/25/2020 at 6:46 PM, Snake45 said:

What a clean, straight build, and your chrome trim is outstanding! Well done and model on! B)

On 11/25/2020 at 6:54 PM, PappyD340 said:

Very sharp indeed, well done!

21 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Well done Craig,  interesting choice of paints.

19 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

Very nicely done. I agree, the chrome trim is beautiful!

17 hours ago, grodudulle77 said:

I really like the color, awesome look, nice work !! ??

17 hours ago, Stingray wes said:

Absolute beauty! Nice job.

16 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

Definitely one to be proud of.

11 hours ago, Tom99 said:

Looks good.

10 hours ago, Kit Basher said:

Great job! Very clean and nicely detailed.

10 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Very well done.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I appreciate it!

23 hours ago, Deuces ll said:

??

Thanks Guido!

11 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

Absolutely stunning build, I love the colour. I had major fit issues with mine when I put it together, no matter how much I trimmed and cut the radiator support I couldn't get it in so I left it out.

Thanks Gareth! I'm not totally happy with the grille fit on mine, and for some reason the front of the body seemed to squeeze in on final assembly causing the hood to not sit right despite fitting perfectly before mounting the body on the frame. Other than that, I was really impressed with the quality and fit of the kit, especially being a Lindberg.

18 minutes ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Thanks Guido!

Thanks Gareth! I'm not totally happy with the grille fit on mine, and for some reason the front of the body seemed to squeeze in on final assembly causing the hood to not sit right despite fitting perfectly before mounting the body on the frame. Other than that, I was really impressed with the quality and fit of the kit, especially being a Lindberg.

I wouldn't feel too bad about it Craig. You did a fantastic job on that kit.  Lindberg really flubbed the front of that car up. 

My uncle Steve owned one in almost that exact color from almost new until the early '80s so I'm very familiar with those. The front of the hood is too tall and too curved and the bumper sits too low giving the kit a kind of "pug" look. I've tried to correct mine as best I can but still haven't had the spark to start building it. The whole front end really has turned me off of the kit.

Yours looks great.

14 hours ago, Can-Con said:

I wouldn't feel too bad about it Craig. You did a fantastic job on that kit.  Lindberg really flubbed the front of that car up. 

My uncle Steve owned one in almost that exact color from almost new until the early '80s so I'm very familiar with those. The front of the hood is too tall and too curved and the bumper sits too low giving the kit a kind of "pug" look. I've tried to correct mine as best I can but still haven't had the spark to start building it. The whole front end really has turned me off of the kit.

Yours looks great.

Thanks Steve, I appreciate it. If you can get past the front end, it really is a nice kit.

13 hours ago, slusher said:

Great looking Oldsmobile!

Thanks Carl!

6 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Looks great!!

Thanks Chris!

2 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

Very nice build! I like them Olds‘ in Aztec Gold. Nice stance and wheels too. Just one question, as you went for the W30 option, shouldn‘t the inner fenders be painted in red?

Thank you Tommy! I was expecting at least one question about the red fenders, lol. I probably should have mentioned in the description that the idea/story with this one is more of a day 2/resto/clone that was redone by the "owner" from a base cutlass. 

18 minutes ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Thank you Tommy! I was expecting at least one question about the red fenders, lol. I probably should have mentioned in the description that the idea/story with this one is more of a day 2/resto/clone that was redone by the "owner" from a base cutlass. 

Sure thing, Craig. The perfect alibi! ?