Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Official EBay Discussion Thread

Got a response on my offer of $10. He declined it ROFL!! I counter offered for $20 with a note informing him good luck finding a fool who's willing to spend his asking price on a diecast toy. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

I know he will decline my offer but will be curious to see if he responds with a note. LOL!!!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Got a response on my offer of $10. He declined it ROFL!! I counter offered for $20 with a note informing him good luck finding a fool who's willing to spend his asking price on a diecast toy. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

I know he will decline my offer but will be curious to see if he responds with a note. LOL!!!

He's a joke!...🙄

I have an eBay Store.  I was surprised when I got "hate mail" from some clown that I had some nerve listing something for $199.  

I was puzzled so I took a look.. I was listing something for $1.99 and I must've missed the decimal point!  

Funny thing, I had a lot of views!  But ya never know... I had a similar piece sell for $55 this week!

Edited by Tom Geiger

18 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

About 76 rubles to the dollar, so maybe eBay's currency converter is malfunctioning.

Nothing much else on the site works reliably, so that's feasible.

62,000 (rubles) is about $816...almost in the ballpark.   B)

That was my thought , too .  I didn't bother doing the math / conversion, but I'd figured that it had to be some 'absurd' number. 

13 minutes ago, Mark said:

I'm surprised the seller isn't saying "it looks complete, but I don't know much about these things..."

Yeah, I've had to pass on quite a number of those that were missing small parts like bodies...

Another annoying one is "NO RETURNS!!! STUDY THE PHOTOS BECAUSE WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET!!!"...and the photos are of the sprues in the box, with no way in jell to see what's there.

Between the weasels and the idiots, life gets more interesting daily.  B)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Classicgas said:

Maybe some of the parts are painted with Clearview paint!

Lee,you must have been at one of our Toledo NNL's the year we set out a faux can of the new infamous Clearview 2000. Someone made up a display board of pages from various kits that had been produced in both colored and clear. They were displayed side by side with the ridiculous claim that any colored part could be sprayed with it and would turn clear. We had a few " believers " who wanted to order it by the case! A fun time for sure. I still have a copy of the fake labels we made for this gag.

• Haha 1