Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well, I got one done.

charlie8575

2020 was a multi-level disaster for most of us.

Between losing my place to work, my work (as in paid employment), and general distraction and distress, I got a few started, and almost had a couple built, but paint problems cut it down to one.

This 1959 Imperial Crown Southampton in Factory Highland Green. As soon as I can figure out where I put my index cards, I'll be printing out the license plates, make a couple of small paint touch-ups, and then it'll be done-done.

My plan is a minimum of one/month for 2021.

Charlie Larkin

DSC00309.JPG

DSC00310.JPG

I'm sorry to learn of the difficulties you experienced this year Charlie, I hope things improve for you and your family in 2021.

Excellent work on the Chrysler!

With all those thin moldings, the foil work must have been a challenge.

Regards,

David G.

On 1/3/2021 at 7:17 AM, David G. said:

I'm sorry to learn of the difficulties you experienced this year Charlie, I hope things improve for you and your family in 2021.

Regards,

David G.

Especially with the BMF not cooperating. Molotow helped out a lot.

On 1/3/2021 at 5:42 AM, GeeBee said:

Very nice build Charlie, sometimes life can get in the way, I'm hoping 2021 will be more productive work wise than 2020, which wasn't great for a travel photographer,  I love my modelling, but it doesn't pay the bills.

I can only imagine what you've ended up dealing with! I can see where last year would have been incredibly difficult for you.

Let's hope 2021 is a little nicer to everyone.

Charlie Larkin

On 1/3/2021 at 6:02 AM, alan barton said:

Thats nice Charlie, would love to see an outdoors shot as I suspect that colour would really pop!  Good luck for 2021!

Cheers

Alan'

In our part of the world, it's winter, and a rather dreary one. Winters in New England (northeastern U.S.) tend to be rather grey and cold.

There are supposed to be a couple of nice days towards the end of this week, so I'll see if that can be arranged.

Charlie Larkin

5 minutes ago, charlie8575 said:

I can only imagine what you've ended up dealing with! I can see where last year would have been incredibly difficult for you.

Let's hope 2021 is a little nicer to everyone.

Charlie Larkin

Well I was hoping for a better start to 2021, but tonight it was announced that the UK has had to go into lockdown until possible the end of February, I'm just glad I've got money coming in from investments and the furlough payments from the government, but I'd still rather be out working,  hopefully the vaccine will be available by the spring,  so many of my trips overseas have been put on hold, but there's many out there worse off than myself. 

34 minutes ago, alan barton said:

Whoops - here am I with weeks of clear blue skies and temps in the 90 to 105 degree range - I guess it could be a little grey over your way!

Cheers

Alan

? Oh, just a bit!

I spotted one of the new Ford Bronco Sports at one of the local Ford dealers yesterday, and this was "bright" for most of January. This was about 3:00 P.M.

Charlie Larkin

0JH_wVYRDdWd9qm2xjJfXj5WpivB33BMe5mbL0WtsV0IRlkC3qZpRH1VCwxMdpy_g9C6_-AlEonBwU2ykoz3a81LZ0pG9RvJT80xQRmPWIIdnnxxZlVxm0FjBXKjzepQr7Lge1AR4wBKClRClHO_HhwLNd5FYMHRFfmQ1uZiAtVOZjVRHF3zZPJjMNGHSwlXTAI3xngzV4slG2ZHiO3hlnJvJCSBFUVMp_wKINIJQehVgXcGV7WTtciWydDM9jaQL3NkN-Rfr34hVJQaDDobiLsIpRXrJkoJOeE-lGZ5y5RvLXFZdDdE1SGxZZtwdVuKcBhyjvEWIGSppAGBpgaQO_GWIqnuFEyCkAY1pUe_bGW82G__4dcojkYgNzK827_UgKBAtXM5IhvNKSR6E_ExXyZdEX7SXFzXz09-qi9Ftqf7v6xsl81B8e33YrEgjbf5pC7o9VVdsxkX2bLsahJrJeE9Ckcmd-310M-jS5dAXGqi77ph-AWQ5MKovpFmDAY-xBZZMYDPVosLBqU2sIZzWS4x8_EwFnZ0aoLle8hT2Ynt11011IYrYzVmZ7b-z1BdvGG4LEZRegHqIOnsEaYp903wSSehLti2IV6U1fYXdBiJKk453p64GT17SH0NLL6IfYVAecP4xn-rB3--lVK1aACR0XGOJa6bPRpeBPzyoDjwo9jOaI35V4BeMke-=w798-h598-no?authuser=0

On 1/3/2021 at 6:02 AM, alan barton said:

Thats nice Charlie, would love to see an outdoors shot as I suspect that colour would really pop!  Good luck for 2021!

Cheers

Alan'

Well, what is now yesterday, we had a little filtered sun. So, I took it out, placed it on a base, and on the roof of my car, and grabbed a few photos. It does show nicely in the sun.

The base is going to be used for a photo back-drop of some kind. Still figuring out what I want to do and how.

Charlie Larkin

DSC00326.JPG

DSC00327.JPG

DSC00328.JPG

On 1/3/2021 at 7:17 AM, David G. said:

Regards,

David G.

All he said and good luck!

4 hours ago, AMT68 said:

Well you got a very good one done and being a fan of green cars I definitely like the color. Didn't realize there was a model for this one so I'm guessing this is a vintage kit.

This is a re-issue of the original 1959 kit, and is reasonably-current production. Most hobby shops have, or can get one with no trouble. Goes together very easily overall. The only thing you'll need to do is have a little filler ready for the roof, which is separate. Plan on needing a little at the leading edge at the windshield, and where it attaches at the back in the quarter panels. I strongly urge you to apply the putty from below at the back. Applying it under the front of the roof will not be possible, so very careful application on the top-side will be necessary.

You can also build this as a convertible with the boot. The boot may still need the filler as described for the roof section at the back of the car.

Charlie Larkin

Edited by charlie8575