Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your dog !

Nazz

Our Sugar Rae had a bump removed and they say it's cancer. The incision is healing well and there is no other sighs that she has anymore right now. My wife and I are hoping she will be with us for a long time yet, but who knows. I've been hesitant to share this as it makes it more real but now that she seams to be on the mend I thought I'd share. 

_LMP1209.jpg

• Like 1

Jeff, so sorry to hear of your loss. I’ve been thru that more times than I care to remember and I know how very difficult it is. 

Jerry, sure hope that will be the end of that chapter and you can have many more happy years together. 

On 5/16/2022 at 6:03 PM, Nazz said:

Our Sugar Rae had a bump removed and they say it's cancer. The incision is healing well and there is no other sighs that she has anymore right now. My wife and I are hoping she will be with us for a long time yet, but who knows. I've been hesitant to share this as it makes it more real but now that she seams to be on the mend I thought I'd share. 

_LMP1209.jpg

Glad to hear your little "Puppy Girl" is doing better. 

Just a quick thank you to everyone who commented on Turner's passing.  The emergency vet sent a sympathy card with two paw prints which really turned the water works back on.  Wife picked up him remains and the place that did his cremation made a plaster print of his paw.  I can't foster as once you are in THIS house, you are here to stay!

Since the rescue we adopted him from is no longer in operation, I doubled the donation to the shelter in KY he was rescued from.  I'm working on finding a rescue or rural shelter that can use the rest of his seizure meds. 

I'd like to thank  Tony , David and Joe for the kind thoughts. Suger is doing well and is is getting back to her old self. She's started  initiating play with Diesel and snarks at him when she thinks he is getting out of line.

Jeff, good for you! I hope you find another rescue to support. 

I know how you feel about forstering , my wife and I feel the same way. If the rescue here didn't have a rule about adopting siblings, we would have 3 from his litter!

Hang in there, it  does get better as time passes. The memories you made will help and be something you can cherish forever.

Jerry

2 hours ago, Nazz said:

I'd like to thank  Tony , David and Joe for the kind thoughts. Suger is doing well and is is getting back to her old self. She's started  initiating play with Diesel and snarks at him when she thinks he is getting out of line.

Jeff, good for you! I hope you find another rescue to support. 

I know how you feel about forstering , my wife and I feel the same way. If the rescue here didn't have a rule about adopting siblings, we would have 3 from his litter!

Hang in there, it  does get better as time passes. The memories you made will help and be something you can cherish forever.

Jerry

As a huge animal lover and puppy caretaker (we don't call them dogs😀) I'm glad your Suger is doing well.   Last week we had to put down one of our horses due to a  serious case of un-recoverable pnumonia. I was tough to say the least.

On 5/21/2022 at 11:14 AM, TransAmMike said:

As a huge animal lover and puppy caretaker (we don't call them dogs😀) I'm glad your Suger is doing well.   Last week we had to put down one of our horses due to a  serious case of un-recoverable pnumonia. I was tough to say the least.

Very sorry to hear that Mike. My wife is a horse girl, and she gets super attached. Our neighbours had to put down a horse of theirs that my wife had been riding for a few years. One of the toughest days I’ve ever had…

12 hours ago, Steve H said:

Very sorry to hear that Mike. My wife is a horse girl, and she gets super attached. Our neighbours had to put down a horse of theirs that my wife had been riding for a few years. One of the toughest days I’ve ever had…

Thanks so much Steve, yep it was a first for us. We have 4 horses, well 3 now. The youngest is 18 and daughter of the other 2.  Your Otis is a fluffy ball of fur there. I'm assuming a Poodle.

7 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Thanks so much Steve, yep it was a first for us. We have 4 horses, well 3 now. The youngest is 18 and daughter of the other 2.  Your Otis is a fluffy ball of fur there. I'm assuming a Poodle.

Horses are no less “family” than our dogs are. I feel for you.
He was really fluffy yesterday, just got a fresh grooming today. He’s actually a miniature Schnauzer, but with a “teddy bear” cut rather than the typical Schnauzer cut.

48 minutes ago, Steve H said:

Horses are no less “family” than our dogs are. I feel for you.
He was really fluffy yesterday, just got a fresh grooming today. He’s actually a miniature Schnauzer, but with a “teddy bear” cut rather than the typical Schnauzer cut.

Our Poodle that left us a couple years after 15 years was left ungroomed in her last couple years and resembled your Otis. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ron, Ace looks very cute.

Last Saturday was Diesel's birthday.They are 2. We celibrated by getting together with 2 of his siblings for a romp in the park.They even made new friends!

Diesel had so much fun that he tore his pad on his left front foor and his right rear! He had to miss agillity but he should be back soon. No matter how much time passes when they are apart they still instantly recognize each other. I just love watching them play.

Sugar Rae, our other dog, wasn't there as she isn't very social ,but she is doing well. Her incision is healed and her fur is growing back from where she was shaved for the ultrasound.

This is a pic of them from Saturday in the park.

Jerry

Diesel, Cy & Jay.jpg

This is Diesel yesterday in his first official trial Now that he is 2 he can compete. He was also measured to determine what jump height he would be at. He measured over 23 "  at the withers so he jumps 24 " .  He didn't win any ribbons but he sure had fun! 

Also, I think the squirrels have left our neighborhood.  We the neighborshad some is their evergreens. I haven't seen them for a while. Maybe Diesel scared them away? He did like to chase them when he get the chance.LOL

What have your dogs been up to?

Jerry

Diesel.jpg

I'm my dog's Uber....

Brian Griffin had a grooming/manny/petty appointment.  He's a diva and prefers the A/C out of the vent in the back of the console than sticking he head out the window

Brian 06 22.jpg

Edited by HomerS
  • Like 1

Here's my two troublemakers. The black and white fella is Gomez and the smaller black one is Tish, his sister. Their mom was a black lab/weimer cross and the dad was great dane/boxer cross. Made for some pretty goofy animals, but we love 'em.

20220511_115249.jpg

49 minutes ago, Jantrix said:

Here's my two troublemakers. The black and white fella is Gomez and the smaller black one is Tish, his sister. Their mom was a black lab/weimer cross and the dad was great dane/boxer cross. Made for some pretty goofy animals, but we love 'em.

20220511_115249.jpg

The thing is most mixes I have known have the best treats of their ancestors and are usually pretty mellow dispositions.  

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2022 at 7:40 AM, bigdrag1 said:

Her name is Cricket, she`s a Great Dane and she `s  5 months old..

DSCN3149.JPG

LOL. When I was in elementary school, my friend Jill had a standard poodle named Cricket. When she asked the teacher if she could bring Cricket for show and tell, the teacher told her that she could, but to please put him in a jar with air holes in the lid.

• Haha 1