Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum Software Upgraded

4 hours ago, Dennis Lacy said:

That is the link that Fotki provides for forums. It's what I have put for years and years, literally thousands of pictures. When I try to remove the tags it still shows the text underlined and clickable just as you show above. No picture.

If you right click the pic on your host site it should have an option to copy image url or something similar, then just paste what it gives you into the image link on here and it should work

It seems since the upgrade any pics in a post appear as links that I have to click on to view on my older IPAD. Also I am not able to reply to a  post or start a new topic. Works fine on my work computer here.

Any suggestions or is anyone else experiencing this? Thanks.

7 hours ago, Dennis Lacy said:

That is the link that Fotki provides for forums. It's what I have put for years and years, literally thousands of pictures. When I try to remove the tags it still shows the text underlined and clickable just as you show above. No picture.

You don't need a photo host here Dennis. Just paste them directly from your device.  

iPad should work. I’m writing this post on my iPad. 

I suspect you need to clear your browser cache, and probably should have mentioned that in my initial message. 

7DFDE738-3F6B-4C12-8058-53F9F310C0B6.jpeg

E1A89400-A8A3-4DE8-B730-3EE4629B5C06.jpeg

the above pictures are from previous posting, and a new one from my photo library on my iPad. (Sorry, no model car pics on my iPad.)

I use an original (old) iPad, so I’m just testing to see if it works the same way I’ve been posting in my WIP.

52D227D3-A034-4F0F-9388-1DC6A19C7B5E.jpeg.0b3c12cf87dea10f599d84944b52b3e9.jpeg

Yep, seems to work just the same for me. Posted from photo library.

Edited by Venom

30 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Great to see that quoted posts don't show all of the photos!

I am getting a lot more ad's however, even between sections on the home page.

Yes, that is a very welcome feature since many users here do not know how (or don't feel like) trimming/resizing photos in quoted threads with lots of photos, just to post a short 1-sentence reply.

2 hours ago, Plowboy said:

Just tried to post a photo using my Flickr account (older photo no longer on my tablet) and I had the same issue as Dennis. No photo. Just the link. 

Use the first Flickr option to "Share" instead of BBCode, which will give you a short link to drop into your post. I got foxed by that on another forum.

5 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Use the first Flickr option to "Share" instead of BBCode, which will give you a short link to drop into your post. I got foxed by that on another forum.

Thanx Nigel, I'll try that! I tried the embed code with the same result.

20191224_150953-1

1 hour ago, Plowboy said:

Thanx Nigel, I'll try that! I tried the embed code with the same result.

Roger, whatever you did there worked and it looks great!

I use the embed code on Flickr if I'm dropping one of my images into a comment another photo, never found a reason to use it anywhere else.

Since the update, some threads have 1/3 of the screen on the right taken up by “thread statistics” and the actual post section is only 2/3 of the screen on my i-pad. This particular thread is full screen.🤨 Has anyone else’s display gotten smaller and is there any way to get back to a full screen?

5293D8CE-EEBA-4EE2-B286-E72FD2ACC695.jpeg

61919359-AEF7-4290-9FCB-84D0F44FF524.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG

12 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

Since the update, some threads have 1/3 of the screen on the right taken up by “thread statistics” and the actual post section is only 2/3 of the screen on my i-pad. This particular thread is full screen.🤨 Has anyone else’s display gotten smaller and is there any way to get back to a full screen?

5293D8CE-EEBA-4EE2-B286-E72FD2ACC695.jpeg

61919359-AEF7-4290-9FCB-84D0F44FF524.jpeg

This is a new one on me, but I think I know what happened. 

On the left side of the page is a little arrow head facing right. click it. This opens the block manager on the left of the page. Blocks are defined regions on the page that contain data of interest. Scroll up to the top of the block with the information you don't want and click the X and that information should disappear. scroll down the the bottom of the block manager, and click Done Editing. You should be back to normal. 

35 minutes ago, Dave Ambrose said:

On the left side of the page is a little arrow head facing right. click it. This opens the block manager on the left of the page. Blocks are defined regions on the page that contain data of interest. Scroll up to the top of the block with the information you don't want and click the X and that information should disappear. scroll down the the bottom of the block manager, and click Done Editing. You should be back to normal. 

Using Chrome here and I am not seeing any arrows. Oddly, the stats are only showing up for certain threads. Atlantis 2021, yes Modelhaus on eBay no for example. I am on a desktop with a 28" monitor, so it isn't really an issue. I know I would hate it on my tablet though.

1 hour ago, Dave Ambrose said:

I don’t see any arrow pointing right. There is an ad at the top of the page. When I close it, an arrow appears on the left that brings the ad back when clicked.

Yes, I'm also noticing the statistics sidebar on some (but not all threads).  I don't like that it wastes the right 1/3 of the screen.  I hope there is a setting to get rid of it.  I don't really care about the threads statistics. I read them for the contents.