Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

*56 Ford Truck Pro Street*

47 minutes ago, bluestringer said:

Looks great Bob. 

Thank's James.

37 minutes ago, misterNNL said:

If you're looking for constructive comments, the overhead Hood-on photo makes the hood look a little too long. It seems to extend farther forward where it meets the fender tops. Could be correctable with some sanding inside where the hood meets the cowl. 

Thank's for the comment Tom.  Yup.  it is a little long and it would require sanding some where the hood meets the cowl.  That would require painting and clear again. I don't think I have enough good painting days left weather wise.  It's going to have to remain as is. 

12 hours ago, Cool Hand said:

Paint looks good from where im sitting Bob, I can see the pearl effect on the top of the wheel tubs in the lighting reflection.

Thanks Luke.  I'm starting to see it.  

Edited by Zippi

Well.....I got the rear control arms relocated to the inside of the chassis.  I tried my best this morning to get the brackets for the rear shocks relocated but my hand shake to bad so I'm going to have to leave the shocks off.  I hate to do this but I just can't seem to do it.   

20211226_093520.jpg

20211226_111417.jpg

Sorry to hear of your problems with the shocks. Maybe after Christmas and New Years is in the rearview mirror your nerves will settle down and you will be able to deal with the suspension.  I like the shiny finish but that's just how I prefer the finish. Maybe a light coat of semi-gloss would give you the finish you're after. 

45 minutes ago, espo said:

Sorry to hear of your problems with the shocks. Maybe after Christmas and New Years is in the rearview mirror your nerves will settle down and you will be able to deal with the suspension.  I like the shiny finish but that's just how I prefer the finish. Maybe a light coat of semi-gloss would give you the finish you're after. 

Yeah with the Grand-kids being here and (wife and I call them the two tornadoes) all the sweets and coffee it takes a toll on my nerves.  It's funny about the paint.  I worked all summer trying to get a nice shiny finish on the bodies I've painted and couldn't seem to accomplish that.  This time I tried to get a more dull finish and it comes out nice and shiny.  It baffles me. 

15 minutes ago, bluestringer said:

Looking good Bob. Did you have to shorten the axle housing? On the 66 Chevy I had to cut off the differential and make new tubes on each side. Then I had to move the control arms and shocks more to the inside. Redneck engineering, doesn't look good, but I guess it works. 

Yup.  I cut off 1/8" on each side plus moved the control arms to the inside of the chassis.  

45 minutes ago, cobraman said:

I like this and the paint is just right IMO !

Thanks Ray.  Yeah I like the color its just not what I was originally going for.  

10 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Good not too low stance my Friend. Undercarriage looks great.  Finish her up Buddy!!

Thanks Buddy.  Yeah the stance is just right.  If I was building this as a 1:1 its how I would want it.

On 12/26/2021 at 1:51 PM, Zippi said:

Did a little moc up to see if I got the stance right.  Looks pretty good to me.  I'm a happy camper :D

20211226_154820.jpg

20211226_154828.jpg

ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW !!!  You knocked that out of the park Bob, it’s killer! The stance is perfect, love the wheel choice too. With regards to the paint, I think it looks amazing as is, but in the future don’t be afraid to play with semi gloss or flat clears, the effects can be quite awesome. Another very nice nice build sir, well done 👍. I will look for it under glass.

8 hours ago, Steve H said:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW !!!  You knocked that out of the park Bob, it’s killer! The stance is perfect, love the wheel choice too. With regards to the paint, I think it looks amazing as is, but in the future don’t be afraid to play with semi gloss or flat clears, the effects can be quite awesome. Another very nice nice build sir, well done 👍. I will look for it under glass.

Thank's Steve.  Your kind words mean a lot.