Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin 1956 Ferrari 410 SA Ghia

cobraman

Just finished this one up . It’s the FPPMODELOS kit . 1/24 scale . I think it will be a very long time before I tackle an all resin kit again . Thakfully the wire wheels were already done . I tried my best and spent a pretty long time on it . Some parts did not fit very well and needed work . The side molding was warped and one piece broke while I was trying to straighten it . No chrome was provided so side trim is BMF and rest is Moloto chrome pen . This would have been a lot easier if the bumpers were not part of the body . I used embossing powder on the interior floor . Interior painted black and white . Body was cleaned up soaked , washed , primed with Tamiya white primer. Paint is Tamiya Pure Red and the clear is Duplicolor 1K . For the problems I had I guess I am fairly happy with it . Thanks for looking . 

68DCA4A6-B74F-48E6-B9C7-4DE39D21651C.jpeg

536E8A39-AF18-4209-B86A-D9BFA1F589BC.jpeg

D40149A5-DEE9-4F71-88F0-641B839DCF24.jpeg

A58C1B51-844D-4B05-9D57-9FDAF3F3C4FE.jpeg

B09C6429-2241-4F56-B8A1-788A917E2FFC.jpeg

B5A0F1DB-B107-4A77-83BF-03AE20B494FD.jpeg

9269CADB-C006-4B75-BE36-F37291BBB36B.jpeg

• Like 1

You dog! 😲  You finished it!  👏   I have the kit too, have crazy plans for it.  Dealing with the front grill and bumper looks like a pain, was that the most finicky part?  Did yours have a blemish on the right side at the beginning of the fin?  You didn't try to use the photo-etch taillights, I wasn't thinking of using those parts either.   Knowing all this, very impressed you did so well. 🏁

Thanks guys.  My problems were many. Some the kits and some I'm sure were mine. My biggest gripe was that the bumpers were not separate pieces. Also the front trim pieces were very bent ( curved ). I did the warm water trick to get them straight but one broke. Had to try and piece it together and then try to foil it. You can see the results for yourself. Body to chassis was another issue. It just would not fit all the way down. I noticed the lower section of the dash was in the way as well as the back package tray needed to be ground down a bit. I never had good luck with PE pieces and that is why I did not attempt to use them all. The Ghia and Ferrari letters were no way going to make it on to this model.  I would love to see you build yours.  I know some one with more talent than I have can do a much better job.  If it wasn't for the fact I paid 185 bucks with shipping for this I may have shelved it !

• Like 1