Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 El Camino and 1960 Impala

speedy5963

These were both built some years back from Modelhaus resins, my pops isn't very savy with forums, pics and postings so I thought I'd share for him.  These are basic curbside builds, they have full chassis' under them from the AMT 59 El Camino and 58 Impala under them, painted and built.  The colors are original GM colors (1960 and 1961), believe they were PPG paint and clear.  Hope you enjoy the pics!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 9

Your Pops has impeccable taste! The colors, the lowered stances, the choice of wheels, everything just “clicks” on both of these! The paint, the foil work and overall build quality is first class on both as well.

I thought the styling of these ‘59 - 60’s Chev’s with the bat wings were weird (kinda ugly) when they first appeared in my kid days but now they look beautiful to me. 

Thank you everyone for the kind responses!  My pops has been building since he was a kid and got me into the hobby as well as the real cars.  He enjoys surfing the forums and groups on FB but is not good with posting, commenting etc but I told him I would post some of his builds up, if I get some time I'll post a couple more up later today and try to get him involved on here!  

16 hours ago, gseeds said:

right up my alley, I dig em both !! 

Thank you Gary, pops said to say hello and hopes you are doing well these days, I showed him some of your recent builds and he said great job!  

6 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Paul!

Wow, what a pair. As usual, your finishing work is world class. It runs in the family. Bravo!

Now, when do you go cruising Van Nuys Boulevard with this dynamic duo? 

CT

Thank you CT!  Pops always talked about having a 1:1 El Camino like this, but considering it took us almost 15 years to get through the 57 and now jumping back on my 63 Rivi and a 59 Apache to rebuild, doing see it happening Haha!  Hope you are well my friend!  

1 hour ago, speedy5963 said:

Thank you everyone for the kind responses!  My pops has been building since he was a kid and got me into the hobby as well as the real cars.  He enjoys surfing the forums and groups on FB but is not good with posting, commenting etc but I told him I would post some of his builds up, if I get some time I'll post a couple more up later today and try to get him involved on here!  

Please do post up some of his builds ! If you can get him to come on line ! That would be great!! His builds have always been top notch! And the paint always on spot !! Tell him if I can figure out how to do it So can he !!! Lol

Edited by gseeds

1 hour ago, gseeds said:

Please do post up some of his builds ! If you can get him to come on line ! That would be great!! His builds have always been top notch! And the paint always on spot !! Tell him if I can figure out how to do it So can he !!! Lol

I am trying to get him on here!  It took us years to get him into text message haha!  And he still doesn't like it.  I'll get some pics up of his builds though for sure

• Thanks 1