Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer. New Photos.

StevenGuthmiller

I've been going back and assessing the photos that I have of a lot of my old builds and have not been generally impressed.

A lot of my old shots look so washed out, so I've began retaking some pics.

It's surprising to me how much better a photographic illiterate such as myself can do with a smart phone camera over a digital camera! :P

The colors are correct 1959 Dodge "Rose Quartz" and "Coral".

image.jpeg.28c8a07f244f6ec1103ebd970b9ca557.jpeg

image.jpeg.4c343c58ab86eba5ad665f80ef1d1171.jpeg

image.jpeg.2d12aaf54dfa9cb9c4a68598a007c50e.jpeg

image.jpeg.6f7a5576dcd897f99fd9ccab465bccb7.jpeg

image.jpeg.bfd1a03fbdc987d37f0d3c3e29efb6ea.jpeg

image.jpeg.519ea00ee4ca54a4b300a9b09ea05726.jpeg

image.jpeg.bb59971ba3e1ad63f13aa37cdbef3f6b.jpeg

Steve

• Like 4

That's a real beauty Steven. Natural light is always better to photograph car models, it puts them in their real environment, and your model is so beautiful not just the color but the build and details are awesome. Like their real counterparts these models are almost gone, Please keep posting these.

Whoa.....this is in a class by itself. I wish I had the patience and fortitude to bring a project to this level of excellence. Just a magnificent work! 

There was a time when some of us thought of these '50s cars as dinosaurs and, when in disrepair, just junkers or rust-buckets . Anyone lucky enough to have owned or driven these Mopars will tell you just how great they were. They were such fun! I think we appreciate them now more than ever. Some would say they were gaudy and over-done but beauty is in the eye...😍

Thanks everyone!

3 hours ago, customline said:

I think we appreciate them now more than ever. Some would say they were gaudy and over-done but beauty is in the eye...😍

As I said to a gentleman on Facebook,  "These cars are from an era when a car could be gaudy and stylish at the same time.  Nothing says 1950s America like a finned monster, awash in chrome, in fabulous shades of pastel paint".  :D

Steve

3 minutes ago, flamepainter said:

Great looking model. It really does look like a showroom car. Nice detail, nice chrome, nice paint scheme as well. Must have taken a ton of BMF to do this one. Absolutely flawless!

Jim

Thanks Jim!

It's models like this that will make you a BMF expert in very short order! :P

Steve

3 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Thanks everyone!

As I said to a gentleman on Facebook,  "These cars are from an era when a car could be gaudy and stylish at the same time.  Nothing says 1950s America like a finned monster, awash in chrome, in fabulous shades of pastel paint".  :D

Steve

Amen!  ...and in my opinion, Chrysler did it best.