Model Cars Magazine Forum

Smokin' Henry J gasser

Rocking Rodney Rat

The venerable Revell Henry J kit we (some of us old timers anyway) all know and love from our childhoods. Doors welded shut and fenders attached to the body. Rear wheel wells tubbed. Cammer from the parts box. Other bits and pieces from here and there. Paint is Testors Extreme Icy Blue. -RRR

jnpuniuj.jpg

uyviugv876t8.jpg

khbhvbigvi.jpg

[p9iu7865764dfh.jpg

;km[okm[ojm.jpg

;lm[pm[oj.jpg

Edited by Rocking Rodney Rat
  • Like 7

On 7/31/2022 at 1:16 PM, Dennis Lacy said:

Turned out freakin’ sweet! I especially like the chassis with the ‘41 Willys front end and ‘65 Chevy II rear axle set up. This might be the first kit-bash of those new Moebius parts on the forum?

i was thinkin "i dont even HAVE the Moebius cars yet and RRR is already cannibalizin' em!

On 8/5/2022 at 4:43 PM, tom pierce said:

love it! big henry j fan here! love that color i gotta get some!!

Thanks !!!  If you've never used the Testors Extreme paints (they're discontinued but I found some at Hobby Lobby) experiment with it before you hit anything you want to keep. For me, the paint goes on very heavy (I think I tend to have a heavy hand in the spray booth) and it literally bubbles where too much paint accumulates. I decant the paint to an airbrush and the problem has gone away for me. -RRR

Edited by Rocking Rodney Rat