Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Corvette C8 Coupé

Radek100

07714 Corvette Stingray C8 – 1:24 (NEW TOOL)

The all-new Corvette Stingray C8 Coupe is now available in 1/24 scale! 
This model kit features all new molds and is a must have for any American 
sports car fan. In contrast to all predecessors in the series, the C8 Stingray
has a mid-engine and, with 500 hp, is one of the most powerful Corvettes ever
built. With 100 parts, this model kit is perfect for beginners and inter-
mediates. So don't wait any longer and order your Corvette Stingray C8 Coupé 
today.

Multi-part engine
Original interior
Rotating wheels

per  Revell

07714 Corvette Stingray C8 – 1:24 (NEW TOOL)

The all-new Corvette Stingray C8 Coupe is now available in 1/24 scale! This model kit features all new molds and is a must have for any American sports car fan. In contrast to all predecessors in the series, the C8 Stingray has a mid-engine and, with 500 hp, is one of the most powerful Corvettes ever built. With 100 parts, this model kit is perfect for beginners and intermediates. So don't wait any longer and order your Corvette Stingray C8 Coupé today.

• Multi-part engine
  • Original interior 
  • Rotating wheels

On 12/31/2022 at 10:25 AM, Len Woodruff said:

100 parts. That sounds like a nice detailed kit. Will be nice to see some test shots wwhen they are available.

I'm working on another C7R kit right now, which is decently detailed, and it only has 64 pieces (not counting decals, of which there is a lot) so 100 piece kit should be very nicely detailed. If it's even close to the Etron it should be a winner. Hopefully, they'll update the parts trees after release and do the Z06 as well. And since they have the licensing with GM now, fingers crossed, for a C8R GT3 next year as well.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

I fail to see the point in sarcasm about the rotating wheels. Maybe it's a attempt on Revell's part to draw in younger builders. 🙄

It's called humor, Lee. Ironic humor. Not sarcasm. 

Regardless of why they saw fit to highlight that, it's funny. Why not highlight its being the first C8 model, accuracy, or even rich corinthian plastic. I can't imagine the  attributes of the upcoming kit rising only to the level of rolling wheels

Lighten up. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danno said:

It's called humor, Lee. Ironic humor. Not sarcasm. 

Regardless of why they saw fit to highlight that, it's funny. Why not highlight its being the first C8 model, accuracy, or even rich corinthian plastic. I can't imagine the  attributes of the upcoming kit rising only to the level of rolling wheels

Lighten up. 

Ehhhhh. Yeah I suppose lol. I do admit it's kind of a strange detail to point out. Sorry Danno. Sometimes life gets in the way of humor.

3 hours ago, Danno said:

Wow!  'Rotating wheels!'  That's a game changer.  I was on the fence before, but with that news, I'll have to buy one . . . or ten.

Hey kids !!! Buy several !!! Race with your friends !!!  Scare the cat !!! Get the dog to fetch 'em !!! Hours of ACTION FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hello,

Anybody called me?  

I was about to post this when I saw this thread.  This can bring me back from my modeling retirement :)
Multi part engine (Good!)
Original interior (whatever that means)
Rotating tires (what a concept! Metal axles? yuck but Whatever!) 

I am still hoping for a C8R or Z06 but a base coupe will do. You may remember I did mine by heavily modifying a cheap diecast, but the interior is a joke.  Already thinking how to make it into a convertible...

They also announced the James Bond "Goldfinger" Aston Martin DB5 in 1/24   That will be another nice one.

Thanks,
Ismael

Not necessarily metal axles (recall the C7 was a <50-piece kit) - I think I'd look at the Revell McLaren 570 and Mercedes AMG GT from a couple years ago for a forecast on what the breakdown will be like for this kit, especially if it's Revell AG doing the design.

Maybe we'll finally get a Z06 after the E-Ray's been out a few years, but hey, baby steps... 🙂

I was hoping, that they produce the C8 in 1/25 like they did with the C6 and C7. I don't get it, why they changed the scale.... Nevertheless, I will get at least one for my collection. I am waiting so long for any plastic model kit. To me it's just amazing that no american manufacturer makes a kit of this. On my point of view it is THE sports car of the Americans. Good. No American manufacturer made any effort to cast the C7 as well. So why should the do the C8?

But I'm reassured now that the C8 is finally coming. Now that the facelift starts in 2023I'm

31 minutes ago, christian-w said:

I was hoping, that they produce the C8 in 1/25 like they did with the C6 and C7. I don't get it, why they changed the scale.... Nevertheless, I will get at least one for my collection. I am waiting so long for any plastic model kit. To me it's just amazing that no american manufacturer makes a kit of this. On my point of view it is THE sports car of the Americans. Good. No American manufacturer made any effort to cast the C7 as well. So why should the do the C8?

But I'm reassured now that the C8 is finally coming. Now that the facelift starts in 2023I'm

Easy. Revell USA produced the C7R and C6's both the R's and the street versions as well as the C5's, 4's etc that's why they're in 1/25th scale. 1/25th scale is a US scale really, no manufacturer outside the US using that scale, they all use 1/24. Tamiya, Aoshima, Fujimi, NuNu etc etc etc...

The new C8 is being done by Revell Germany and everything they put out is in 1/24 , I know they did the C7R in 1/25 but that was with the US molds and was done in China same as many other cars originally done by Revell USA but reissued by Revell Germany ( I've got the 2013 Boss 302 Mustang I just got from Revell Germany in 1/25th, but it was originally done by Revell USA). Going forward I image all new cars are going to be in 1/24 unless its a repop of a US mold, I don't think they(Revell) are designing anything in the US anymore.

9 hours ago, christian-w said:

I think it's to appeal to the rest of the world since Tamiya,Fujimi, Hasegawa, Heller, etc,etc. all do their cars in 1/24.

I would have thought Tamiya would do one since they came out with the Mustang. I'm not a huge fan of RoG car kits. They always seem to have sink marks and heavy parting lines to clean up.

Edited by MPi-KM

The upcoming Mustang is an example of subject matter coming into play.  It's targeted straight at those who grew up building their favorite US-domestic subjects almost exclusively in 1/25.  Exceptions of the day were the kits from Monogram, who had long established themselves as a 1/24 manufacturer for automotive.

The 8th-gen Corvette was developed in part to aim for a younger, more global consumer.  A 1/24 C8 kit tracks with that, and I hope it follows suit.  Gonna enjoy parking one next to a Monogram C4. 😎

• Like 3

On 12/28/2022 at 5:34 PM, Bennyg said:

This is fantastic news! My only request or suggestion would be for Revell to supply the window surrounds to be prepainted. I currently am building an Audi e-tron GT RS, and there is a lot of masking required to paint the window surrounds.

Ben

Use a Sharpie marker, on the inside of the window. Maybe use a flexible ruler from Staples to help.

• Like 1