Model Cars Magazine Forum

No talk about the Round2 1971 Dodge Demon ?

gtx6970

48 minutes ago, GMP440 said:

This is not looking good.  Looks like none of the distributers have received the shipments yet.   Where or what 's causing the holdup?  Maybe Round 2 needs to look into this.

I ordered some other kits online and they got held up by "weather delays."  Maybe that could be the problem.....................Doubt it, but something is up with shipping lately.  I've had a few packages go into limbo lately.

I ordered one from Auto World and it arrived Saturday. I still have orders in from the independent hobby store I purchase the majority of my kits and supplies from; still waiting on those. 

The reason I'd ordered one from A.W. is simply because I'm an impatient Celt, and I was obsessing over having one in my weathered mitts.

"Satisfaction is the death of desire."

1 hour ago, drodg said:

Model Roundup says on their sight about a warehouse inventory being done at Round 2's main inventory hub and that is part of the delay.   

Grate timing ?  I read that it should be done by the end of this week .

Edited by Mr mopar
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, drodg said:

As anyone received one from Model Roundup yet?   I have one ordered with them.

i have one of them on order from them and so far nothing yet?they offer some excuse on their website

24 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

Got an E mail from wes 's model car corner saying my MPC Demons are shipped  AWESOME !

Woohoooo!!!  So, Wes received the shipments of Demons and had them shipped out to customers already?

11 hours ago, GMP440 said:

Woohoooo!!!  So, Wes received the shipments of Demons and had them shipped out to customers already?

I watched Wes last night and he was saying he does not have them yet , but I got an E Mail from him saying there shipped to me  ,I'm confused ?

4 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

I watched Wes last night and he was saying he does not have them yet , but I got an E Mail from him saying there shipped to me  ,I'm confused ?

Maybe contact Wes and ask him to maybe clarify the email.  Maybe he emailed and really meant to say the Demon shipmentswere being shipped to the distributors first.  Could be just a mistake in the email.  

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 9:08 AM, gotnitro? said:

I emailed model roundup about my order and was told the same thing about inventory. They were expecting to ship kits next week. 

They are saying the week of Feb 4th on their site...

20 minutes ago, gtx6970 said:

But there have been dozens sold on ebay the past few weeks . Some sellers even have 2nd round sales 

I assume those were sourced via Wal-Mart.   Seems like the distribution is really slow on these kits.  

The MPC997 '71 Dodge Demon kits are in regular distribution channels now and should be more widely available starting this week.  It looks like Model Car Moutain and Auto Models LLC already got there first orders and sold out what the put out on Ebay over the weekend.   Very few Wal-marts actually got any Demon kits as part of their 1st quarter program.  

-Steve

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SteveG said:

The MPC997 '71 Dodge Demon kits are in regular distribution channels now and should be more widely available starting this week.  It looks like Model Car Moutain and Auto Models LLC already got there first orders and sold out what the put out on Ebay over the weekend.   Very few Wal-marts actually got any Demon kits as part of their 1st quarter program.  

-Steve

Thanks Steve for updating us, and for the straight skinny/info on the WalMart distribution situation.   Best....TB

21 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Just got an email from Model Roundup that my 3 preorders have shipped.  Woo-hoo!

I have just emailed them since I have heard nothing about my order.   

On 1/29/2024 at 11:02 AM, Rob Hall said:

I assume those were sourced via Wal-Mart.   Seems like the distribution is really slow on these kits.  

No idea. at least 2 of the sellers have had a few dozen . All at $29.99 plus postage

I stopped by my local hobbyshop today and asked about them and they havent had a single one

I'm just going to wait for my Hobbylinc order.