Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hasegawa Lancia Stratos Stradale

happy grumpy

I always liked the style of the stratos. It's a beautiful car. Straight out of the box. Custom mix acrylic paint cleared with TS13. The only minor issue is the body/chassis fitment. You have to spread the side a lot to fit the chassis but once it's there, it fits snugly, no need to glue. This car looks good from any angle. 

As always , thanks for looking.

lancia stratos copper 10.jpg

lancia stratos copper 11.jpg

lancia stratos copper 12.jpg

lancia stratos copper 13.jpg

lancia stratos copper 14.jpg

lancia stratos copper 15.jpg

• Like 6

Another beauty from you Mario.  The color and wheel combo really suits this build. Sadly these cars were never imported to this side of the pond, but I have managed to see one in person.  They are a surprisingly small car but definetly cool from almost any angle.  Thanks for an excellent post. 

Great looking paint color and finish. I share your appreciation of this body style, but I can only recall seeing them in Rally Racing. The wheels and trim look good against the body color. 

Superb model of this Italian icon, Mario - though not a factory color, your custom paint suits it very well, together with the golden wheels - just fabulous!

Is this the Fujimi enthusiast model or the Hasegawa kit (have both, but stored away) ?

On 5/1/2023 at 6:03 PM, Rattlecan Dan said:

That's a Great looking little car! Can't say I've ever seen one. And if I did, I'm sure it didn't look like that! Super build! Thanks for posting.

Thanks Donato.

On 5/1/2023 at 6:40 PM, Belugawrx said:

Wonderful job on the Lancia! 

And the photo stage is really cool too.

Cheers

Thanks Bruce.

On 5/1/2023 at 6:53 PM, atomicholiday said:

Lancia Stratos, one of my all time favorite cars.   I just love the lines.

And this one is gorgeous!   Great job. 

Thanks Jeremy. I agree, like the miura, it is a timeless design.

On 5/1/2023 at 7:02 PM, SpikeSchumacher said:

Beautifully done Mario!

Thanks Mathias

On 5/1/2023 at 7:06 PM, 70 Sting said:

😳😳  Great build and I love the colour!  Excellent photography as usual.  I have one of these coming up shortly in the cue. Thanks for the heads up on body/chassis fitment.

Thanks Harry. I also built the Italeri kit, it is simpler and fits a little better. I will post it eventally.

On 5/2/2023 at 5:38 AM, afx said:

One of my favorite cars, excellent work.

Thanks JC

On 5/2/2023 at 8:11 AM, Jim B said:

Looks really nice. Well done. 

Thanks James. Glad you like it.

On 5/2/2023 at 8:47 AM, Rich Chernosky said:

Another beauty from you Mario.  The color and wheel combo really suits this build. Sadly these cars were never imported to this side of the pond, but I have managed to see one in person.  They are a surprisingly small car but definetly cool from almost any angle.  Thanks for an excellent post. 

Thanks Rich. I wish I had the chance to see one for real. They sure would have turn some heads over here.

On 5/2/2023 at 1:18 PM, espo said:

Great looking paint color and finish. I share your appreciation of this body style, but I can only recall seeing them in Rally Racing. The wheels and trim look good against the body color. 

Thanks David. There were street version , this kit is for the Stradale but it contains parts for the Rallye version, namely larger rear wheels, exhaust, extra lights. but no decals. I built the rallye version in Alitalia livery.

On 5/2/2023 at 1:46 PM, beeRS said:

That looks fantastic. Good colour choices 👍🏼

Thanks Sonny. Not factory standard but it though it looked great.

On 5/2/2023 at 5:20 PM, Funkychiken said:

Agree, it's one of the best looking wedge designed cars. It's beautiful  and your build has done it justice!

Thanks Atin. I appreciate it.

On 5/2/2023 at 6:17 PM, Zippi said:

Nice build Mario.  I see you have a different background.  Looks good.

Thanks Bob.I did this one for my European cars , I looked at old Streets in Paris for inspiration. Wish I had internet back in the 80's .

On 5/2/2023 at 6:57 PM, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Very nice looking Lancia! Your background piece is exceptionally done as well and adds quite a bit to your pics.

Thanks Craig. Glad you like it. 

21 hours ago, slusher said:

Great build!

Thanks Carl.

2 hours ago, 1959scudetto said:

Superb model of this Italian icon, Mario - though not a factory color, your custom paint suits it very well, together with the golden wheels - just fabulous!

Is this the Fujimi enthusiast model or the Hasegawa kit (have both, but stored away) ?

Thanks Helmut. It is the Hasegawa kit, there is also one from Italeri that I will post in the future, I didn't know there was one from Fujimi. Would like to see one posted.