Model Cars Magazine Forum

latest off the bench, 1/24 Revell Red Bull Racing RB8.  Kit is mostly box stock with the exception of the poseable wheels. Color on this is Tamiya TS89 which was developed  by Tamiya just for their own Red Bull RB8 kit in 1/20.  Kit went together fairly well  with a few exceptions. Decals in this kit were extensive  and went on with a little solvent,heat and lots of patience. (three days worth)  I am pleased with the results and it is a handsome addition to the collection. See comments in the picture captions. 

DSC08092.JPG.ca41f3b9b530a24ec8da5d266068fd6a.JPG

Finished kit on my new background. Wheels are Alclad Airframe aluminium.  Decals on the front wing were the most involved. There were three sheets of decals and this car is mostly covered in them. 

DSC08093.JPG.e25c30fea17edaaa7191438f70a2822e.JPG

Rear wing was a little fussy but went on straight with no gluing.  Note the metal clip just behind the exhaaust. There are only two of these and they hold the body on the chassis which actually fit quite well. No glue needed. DSC08096.JPG.6274b4660c7e04be1d34cc997e46f899.JPG

Carbon fibre everywhere. This was all included in the kit. I highly advise anyone with this kit to do all the CF first.

DSC08098.JPG.f47df598e9e6b244318a0e5dd22ede1d.JPG

Couldn't resist. The Tamiya version of this kit in the background. Both are painted the same color. 

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Nacho Z said:

I absolutely love it!  You do great work, Rich!

Thank you John...always appreciate your compliments

18 hours ago, Jim B said:

Great job on your F1 cars. Really well done. 

Thank you Jim

17 hours ago, SpikeSchumacher said:

Very nice Rich!

Thanks you Mathias

15 hours ago, bbowser said:

Outstanding!  I have this one but have been intimidated by the decaling, even though I've done dozens of stock cars.  Is the yellow on the snorkel paint or decal?

Bruce...don't be intimidated...those decals laid down nice...you can do it. I  have always felt that decalling was an artform all by itself. So many little tricks you can use. If you ever need some I know a bunch. 

12 hours ago, Rattlecan Dan said:

Wow, that's some kind of great decal work. Cars are full of fine detailing as well. Really nice job Rich.

Thanks Dan...I have had a lot of practice.

6 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Looks great!

Thanks

2 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Amazing decals.

Lotsa effort  =   amazing results.  Thanks Gary. 

23 minutes ago, 1959scudetto said:

Very nice model, Rich, with outstanding decal work (though modern F 1 cars are not my cup of tea)

Thank you Helmut.  I am a big F-1 fan so anytime I see an F-1 kit I don't have I buy it.  I am with you as I  think a lot of the modern F-1 cars are downright ugly.  But as I build them there are a few that start to grow on me.   This Red Bull is one of them. 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Brudda said:

Great job Rich!!! I did one but it is 1/7 scale. Thought you might get a kick out of the size. The Toyota f1 car is 1/24 for reference. 

IMG_4398.jpeg

IMG_4416.jpeg

Bruce...yes I did get a kick out of this.  1/7 scale is a little unusual isn't it. Was this a kit or scratch built.  This is huge. I have two 1/8 models  (Pochers)  and they had to have separate display case made for them. 

2 hours ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Bruce...yes I did get a kick out of this.  1/7 scale is a little unusual isn't it. Was this a kit or scratch built.  This is huge. I have two 1/8 models  (Pochers)  and they had to have separate display case made for them. 

Yes Rich, the scale is weird . It could be built as a remote control or static model. I built it static but with just a few mods you could turn it into a remote. If you did , it is supposed to go 30 mph. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2023 at 3:27 PM, Phildaupho said:

Great looking Red Bull. I like the way you posed it with the Tamiya model. The scale difference is not apparent.

Thank you Phil....I usually put the larger one behind the smaller so it looks that way. There are a lot of differences between the two kits besides just the drivers. 

On 7/29/2023 at 3:27 PM, Phildaupho said:

Great looking Red Bull. I like the way you posed it with the Tamiya model. The scale difference is not apparent.

On 8/4/2023 at 3:31 AM, Bugatti Fan said:

Very nice build. Just shows that Revell kits have great potential considering they are a lot less expensive than many others. This Red Bull F1 car looks really good, so credit to Rich in turning out this little gem.

Thanks Noel..it was a challenge.

On 9/28/2023 at 6:30 PM, Roy L Frost III said:

great job on that RB car both of them,ya know those 2 kits are almost impossible to find these days.  Think the kit makers would see how popular they are and produce more, great job you should be proud of them.

Thank you Roy...I get em when the first come out...just takes a while to build em.  Yah...I am proud, otherwise I wouldn't post them for all the world to see.