Model Cars Magazine Forum

3 years and 8 months later... Pro Street 1970 El Camino is finally off the bench!

Bills72sj

This build was originally part of my Chevelle batch build in 2019. Due to all the test fitting and fabrication required this one was quite the challenge. However, I had a vision, and have now finally seen it through. The quality is not up to par because I had to handle it so much but it is "good enough". I am not sure I will ever take it to a show but at least I have one holy grail under my belt. Comments welcome.

P.S. Does anyone have a spare set of AMT black 70 Chevelle hood stripes to help me give it the final touch?

Final engine checks.JPG

Detailing for photos.JPG

One last check.JPG

Captain's side.JPG

Beefy rear tires.JPG

Drinker's side.JPG

• Like 8

Beautiful looking paint finish and trim details. Great looking chassis and engine. While I like the clean look if you think the black Z stripes from a Camaro kit would work let me know. The hood pattern is notched for a cowl induction hood so that's a bonus. I also have a pair of white skunk stripes but not sure what kit they're from. 

4 hours ago, espo said:

Beautiful looking paint finish and trim details. Great looking chassis and engine. While I like the clean look if you think the black Z stripes from a Camaro kit would work let me know. The hood pattern is notched for a cowl induction hood so that's a bonus. I also have a pair of white skunk stripes but not sure what kit they're from. 

Thank you for the compliments. I have some Camaro decals as well but they do not have the correct shape as the Chevelles have the pinstripe wrap around the front.

3 hours ago, Gary Chastain said:

Wow, well done

Thank you Gary. 🙂

1 hour ago, Yeah Nah said:

Excellent build Bill. No shortage of rubber on the road at the rear end!

Thank you Garry. I agree.

1 hour ago, karbuildr said:

That's a beautiful build. Very clean, well designed, excellent craftsmanship. Very vibrant yellow glossy finish.

Thank you David. 🙂

1 hour ago, Zippi said:

That's pretty kewl.  Love the Diorama.

Thank you Bob, I made the diorama mostly for picture taking. It was a very fun project itself.

1 hour ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

That looks great Bill!

Thank you Craig. 🙂

19 hours ago, MeatMan said:

Very nice!

11 hours ago, XYHARRY said:

Very cool build there Bill, that colour looks great. Well done. 

Cheers, 

David. 😎👍

Thank you, David. 🙂

10 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Looking great!

Thank you, Chris. 🙂

8 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

Very nice!

Thank you, Larry. 🙂