Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "Illusion" by Rick Dore.......on the Bench 12/9/23

John Teresi

I bet tho, with it on a stand with a mirror underneath you’ll be able to see them…worth making the effort even if you cant immediately see them from the standard ‘curbside’ view!  

Plus, we have a photo so we know they exist…🤪

Hello.......Thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I did a little work on the wheels and under carriage........I made a radiator and Battery.......I also detailed the interior......I got the body painted with chrome foil.....I detailed the 3D printed engine that Steve A. printed me.....Steve also printed me a Teresi License plate, battery and speedo decal.......this build will be finished just in time for the Grand National Roadster Show Model Car Contest.

DSCF2448.jpg

DSCF2447.jpg

DSCF2446.jpg

DSCF2445.jpg

DSCF2443.jpg

DSCF2431.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

WOW. 

On the 1/1 is the body a full on custom hand built or based off of anything OE 

I think it was mentioned in an early post on this thread, but if you look online it mentions the following "The Illusion is a coachbuilt custom by Rick Dore Kustoms. It features a hand-formed aluminum body by Luc De Ley of Marcel's Custom Metal".  I was helping John with some 3D parts and decals for this build, so I did quite a bit of research on the car looking for info.

Steve A.

53 minutes ago, Leo64 said:

I think it was mentioned in an early post on this thread, but if you look online it mentions the following "The Illusion is a coachbuilt custom by Rick Dore Kustoms. It features a hand-formed aluminum body by Luc De Ley of Marcel's Custom Metal".  I was helping John with some 3D parts and decals for this build, so I did quite a bit of research on the car looking for info.

Steve A.

Thanks I found an article online where its all explained. 

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do  appreciate them......as you may know I finished  this model last week just in time for the Grand Nationls Roadster Show and Model Car Contest......I was really happy that it won BOS for the Model Car Contest......here are a few finished pics of the model.....I have a crappy camera but,I will take "Outside" pics in a couple of days and the car will look way better.

I would like to Thank Frankies'S Hobby & Horror Shoppe for the Awesome 3D Printed Body......and a special thanks to Steve A. for the Awesome 3D Printed LS9 engine,Trans and for printing the custom Decals......thank you Steve.

DSCF2471.jpg

DSCF2470.jpg

DSCF2467.jpg

DSCF2466.jpg

DSCF2468.jpg

• Like 1