Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 57 Ford Sedan Gasser

I have been looking for this kit and can't find it anywhere.  Last time I did see it, the price was crazy on eBay.  Does anyone know if this is being re-released?  I saw the ad below on HobbyLink Japan.   It says expected release of March 2024? 

image.png.bb76c94a9bdb13adff1543eadf7a9550.png

• Like 1

While it would be Nice, I don’t think that a re-issue of the Sedan Gasser has been officially announced or confirmed by Revell.

However Revell has announced an upcoming modified reissue of the ‘57 Ford Wagon including new wheels and smooth bumpers without overrider guards if the officially released artwork stands to trust.

• Like 1

The HLJ link could be mistaken; there's another version of the wagon coming in Q1.

The Gasser sedan was out nearly five years ago.  Manufacturers seldom keep one issue of a particular kit in the catalog more than two years or so before putting it aside for a while, or putting some different parts in and releasing another version.  

I don't believe this kit was ever released into Japan back in 2019 with the crazy sideways situation Revell was in a year after the Hobbico implosion. Hasegawa is still Revell's importer in Japan and they wouldn't be advertising something that doesn't exist, so it's quite possible another run of the kit is planned for when the modified reissue of the 1957 Del Rio (Hidden Valley) Ranch Wagon is being run considering how many parts are shared between the two kits.

Given that box art is the "current" one (as seen in 2019) it wouldn't get a whole lot of hoopla about it being a big official reissue of they're just making another production run of it to restock distributors.

• Like 1

Yeah, that kit was out but seemed to be gone in a blink for some reason. I wanted it because it had the corrected body with the gasser parts but I didn't want to pay ebay prices. I got lucky and found one at a show for just over MSRP. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phirewriter said:

Seems like a number of kits were here and gone during the troubles at Hobbico. The '70 Charger R/T comes to mind as another kit that disappeared shortly after it was released. 

They probably wait till the stock of the F&F Charger kits at the dealers dries up before releasing it again.

Do hope that when they do, they include the C-side stripe on the decal sheet.

5 minutes ago, Luc Janssens said:

They probably wait till the stock of the F&F Charger kits at the dealers dries up before releasing it again.

Do hope that when they do, they include the C-side stripe on the decal sheet.

I want Revell to correct the bumble bee strip and put a slight v in it !!

• 2 weeks later...

Not a fan of that headlight treatment - looks like the deer staring at us from across the road! The rest of the car is sweet, though. Somewhere, I have that oddball Modelhaus body of the low end post coupe with the high line gold accent. 

Dear old Dad had the '57 Fairlane, which was the Victoria hardtop sans the gold mylar spear, which he thought looked very gaudy.  He really liked the 292 and the chassis, both tuned at the local garage (Slayton's Mobil in Deerburn.) But the rust was vicious, by my birthday in 1960 it had already perforated the headlight bucket area and lower fenders. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 12:44 PM, Tim W. SoCal said:

The '57 Ford to be released by Revell in 2024 is a street hot hod version of the Del Rio Ranch Wagon.   https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-14546-57-ford-del-rio-ranch-wagon--1527349

Correct, but they don't have to "release" the Gasser version of the Custom as it would just be a re-stock run and those are not bandied about as a "Coming Soon" product. They just show up on the shelf, back in stock.

On 3/10/2024 at 1:26 PM, Luc Janssens said:

IMHO odd choice of wheels...like the ones in this pic better, maybe it's an age thing 😉

62e0f6373314602fb9378f2d_1957-Ford-Custom-300-Restomod-Redwhite-B7LG104168_012.jpg

I agree whole-heartedly, Luc. This car looks MUCH better with the American Torque Thrust wheels. Luckily, I have some available sets in my Revell '32 Ford kit stash. My Mom had a blue and white '57 Del Rio 2-Door Ranch Wagon with a T-Bird 312 4bbl back in the early 60's. I plan to build a tribute to that car with this kit.

• Like 1