Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 World’s Fair

Jay Whittaker

Did this as a quick shelf build, my rendition of AMT’s ‘65 GTO. I utilized the custom top option as well as the custom front lower pan, removed the split in the grille and filled-in the headlight area, resulting in what strongly resembles a Riviera from the same year. I de-chromed, shaved off the back-up lights, and mellowed-out the rear bumper to better-harmonize with the aforementioned front pan. The taillight was converted to a strip unit, and mesh fills in the grille opening. 
The body was shot in Candy Brandywine over Gold Pearl, and other than carpeting the floor, everything else was simply detail-painted.

This is something that could have easily been seen at the ‘64-‘65 World’s Fair had Pontiac actually done it, hence the title of this thread and the motivation behind the build.

Enjoy!

IMG_3272.jpeg

IMG_3271.jpeg

IMG_3277.jpeg

IMG_3275.jpeg

IMG_3270.jpeg

Edited by Jay Whittaker
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, deuces wild said:

Totally awesome!.. I bet the guys on the H.A.M.B. would love to see this one... Hope you don't mind if I post these pictures on their "Sunday model thread"....

WOW thanks so much for that consideration! By all means, go right ahead! 😁👍🏻

Great looking paint finish and color. Like the Kustom body work and the roof line looks like a later model GM roof around the rear window opening and the C pillar. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, ea0863 said:

Absolute stunner! I love reimagined concepts, and this one is top shelf! What brand was the candy brandywine?

House of Kolor Kandy Koncentrate. And Thank You! 😁👍🏻

Edited by Jay Whittaker

• 1 month later...