Model Cars Magazine Forum

I drive it only on weekends, it's a 1957 Ford Ranch Wagon.

It has a old school 302 with a 4 speed automatic and Disc brakes in the front.

I owned it justed  over  a year  and tying to fix everything that need replacing for next summer fun.

Also I am working on making it my dream car, not the last owner's.

I am thinking of dropping the front end down 2 to 3 inches and running black steel rims with small hub caps.

IMG_1722.jpeg

IMG_1721.jpeg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Tony N said:

I drive it only on weekends, it's a 1957 Ford Ranch Wagon.

It has a old school 302 with a 4 speed automatic and Disc brakes in the front.

I owned it justed  over  a year  and tying to fix everything that need replacing for next summer fun.

Also I am working on making it my dream car, not the last owner's.

I am thinking of dropping the front end down 2 to 3 inches and running black steel rims with small hub caps.

IMG_1722.jpeg

IMG_1721.jpeg

Great looking wagon. I also have a soft spot for the mid '50's Fords and especially '57's having owned a few back when. Really like the clean overall look of your wagon and you mentioned going too black painted wheels. That was the way I ran my base Mainliner '57 Ford two door. I had shaved the hood and front bumper as you have. The car was painted a GM commercial shade of white. The wheels were a rattle can gloss black with the '60 Ford small hub caps and in the mid '60's the real narrow white walls of the day looked good. Would like to see any improvements you make to this wagon in the future. 

• 2 weeks later...

1995 GMC Suburban 4x4 , 360,000 kms and adding more daily, nicknamed Gord as that was the original owners name, sometimes gets lengthened to Gord don’t let me Downie (Canadians will get it) also used as an acronym G.O.R.D (good ole reliable daily) 

IMG_6872.jpeg

Edited by Bullybeef

2 hours ago, Bullybeef said:

1995 GMC Suburban 4x4 , 360,000 kms and adding more daily, nicknamed Gord as that was the original owners name, sometimes gets lengthened to Gord don’t let me Downie (Canadians will get it) also used as an acronym G.O.R.D (good ole reliable daily) 

IMG_6872.jpeg

95, the one year only transmission. Funny thing is I could only find a 95 transmission when my 93 one went out, so I made it work. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

I really wish folks would not use "photobucket"    Not a user so can't see pictures.    Thanks anyway😉

Mike, if you were referring to my picture of the Cuda, it was a picture I had saved on my phone from when I did have an account. I thought the Photobucket nonsense was cropped off. Sorry

18 hours ago, Moparman18064 said:

Mike, if you were referring to my picture of the Cuda, it was a picture I had saved on my phone from when I did have an account. I thought the Photobucket nonsense was cropped off. Sorry

Hey Rich, there have been others but not just on this forum.  What's strange (at least to me) is I could see the pics on my phone but only one of them🤔

Anyway, it's is a very nice car ya got there!!

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2024 at 10:33 AM, bobss396 said:

One of my cars, a 2020 Mustang Ecoboost with a 6 speed Manual.

Bought it in 2021 with 400 miles on it. Loaded to the gills with a leather interior.

20240119_075845.jpg

20240119_075832.jpg

Very nice Bob, love that color.   This is my Daughters 2018 she bought new near the end of the model year.  Hers is the 10-speed Auto and it amazes me how quick these cars are. Fun to drive and I'll bet  moreso with the 6-speed.

86917.jpg.66d0883ae0a163b27a88aed5cf38b068.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Very nice Bob, love that color.   This is my Daughters 2018 she bought new near the end of the model year.  Hers is the 10-speed Auto and it amazes me how quick these cars are. Fun to drive and I'll bet  moreso with the 6-speed.

86917.jpg.66d0883ae0a163b27a88aed5cf38b068.jpg

I saw a 2018 with a 5.0 at a dealer last year. Otherwise the same car as mine. They offered me an even swap, but that car had 48k miles on it.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

Well, my 200 hit 145k on the way to have dinner with Dad tonight, will have owned it for 12 years in April and the car hit 12 years old back in December.

IMG_7906.jpeg.fdf83eee990719e581f555bf3f23c3bc.jpegIMG_7905.thumb.jpeg.491efe9985c9dd142eafc38d5cca92de.jpeg

Sure pays to take good care of an Automobile. Many used to POPO these cars, but I would disagree. My wife's '12 Dodge Avenger RT was at 98K when we traded it on her '22 Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk.  The only repair in that time was a leaky A/C fitting that was at about 75K miles. Nothing but regular maintenance and one set of tires and brakes. 

• Like 1

My '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee (3.6 V6, 4x4) hit 78k miles today.  Washed it yesterday, looks pretty good for 10 years old.   Had my '87 Mustang GT out yesterday, it has 65k miles. 5.0 and a 5 speed.  Also have my late father's '69 Mustang currently under restoration.   Looking to buy another car in the next couple months, maybe a late model Cadillac CT6 or CT5...a comfy sedan for road trips. 

IMG_2110.jpg

IMG_2068.jpg

• Like 2