Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Stopped by Hobby Lobby on my way home from taking the wife to Culvers for lunch. Needed a few paints and the display for the replica Nova I am building. I bought the kit because I need a couple of cheater slicks and heard this kit had them. They do but they are too narrow for what I wanted them for. I guess I will have to wait for the resin ones I ordered.

The 65-66 Gran Prixs are one of my favorite ponchos from the era . So I had just had to have one.

grand-prix-kit.jpg

I owned a '66 years ago, and really miss it. I loved the front end, but I always thought the rear was a bit of a bore. I'll be snatching one of these '65's sometime in the near future, as it looks like it's probably as close as I'll ever get. I'll really look forward to to seeing where yours heads.

Stopped by Hobby Lobby on my way home from taking the wife to Culvers for lunch. Needed a few paints and the display for the replica Nova I am building. I bought the kit because I need a couple of cheater slicks and heard this kit had them. They do but they are too narrow for what I wanted them for. I guess I will have to wait for the resin ones I ordered.

Having lived in the South and Mid-Atlantic all my life, whenever I find myself in the middle of the country I stop at every Culvers I come across. For a fast food joint they sure do have a great menu. I'm looking forward to leaving CA next year just so I can stop there again.

The 65-66 Gran Prixs are one of my favorite ponchos from the era . So I had just had to have one.

grand-prix-kit.jpg

Could you post a shot of the contents? I'd like to see how that Aqua Pearl plastic looks on the body.

And for you modeling masochists, the roof from this car combined with a '65 Olds 88 body would give a good start on a '65 Starfire.

3689086starfire1965.jpg

I stopped in my LHS this morning looking for something else. ( thus didn't have it ) But I did walk out with one of these under my arms.

On my way home with i,,,, I stopped by one of the local auto parts stores looking for some duplicolor  paint for another build. And ended up having him custom mix the paint for the Grand Prix instead. So this one will go to the front of the line. he worked with me to get the finest metallic he had.

Its called Iris Mist poly. a very light purple metallic. Once done it will look exactly like this one .

65grandprix.jpg

grand-prix-kit.jpg

Great looking old Pontiacs!

I spent a good portion of my day getting parts ready to ship to the chromers.

Among them were parts from a pair of old MPC Bonnevilles.

A '66 & a '67,

The '67 will be done in a dark purple called "Plum Mist".

Steve

Could you post a shot of the contents? I'd like to see how that Aqua Pearl plastic looks on the body.

And for you modeling masochists, the roof from this car combined with a '65 Olds 88 body would give a good start on a '65 Starfire.

3689086starfire1965.jpg

Mine is in a big flat box, and its molded in white.

I wasn't aware there were multiple versions of this kit released.

Had it been molded in this aqua color you mention , I probably wouldn't have bought it

Had it been molded in this aqua color you mention , I probably wouldn't have bought it

Apparently it is available in both white and aqua

Apparently it is available in both white and aqua

Original art version (in the big flat box) is molded in white.  The "regular" box version is molded in a pearl teal color.  That's the version I got, and yes, there are swirls in the metallic plastic, just like every metallic molded kit that I've ever bought.

Edited by Robberbaron

One of these. That's one more off my list of old skool kits I've been after that I originally built nearly 50 years ago...

Monogram%20PC1-98%20Midget.JPG

It will totally OOB but, hopefully, better than my first effort.

steve

I'd be courious to see what's in the box on this one. And what it looks like built up. Sometimes I like some of those older, more primitive kits.

Something I've never seen or even heard of, a 1970 Bonneville that you can buils either as a convertible or an El Camino type pickup. The photo of the kit is in my camera which is in the truck, which is in the parking lot 4 floors below and I'm not going back down tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

I'd be courious to see what's in the box on this one. And what it looks like built up. Sometimes I like some of those older, more primitive kits.

Not much in the box, though it builds up into a nice little model. "Box scale" turns out to be about 1/18 or 1/20. I used to know. I have one of the very first issues, molded in acetate (these are NOT MY MODELS).

1_415f635d-db39-4f31-86f6-47001c713afb_g      smmidget.jpg                                                                                                                                                                                                             MONOGRAM_Midget.JPG       

midget01.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

One of these, 40% off.  Image result for barris surf woody 

Probably won't build it any time soon, but it WILL be used as a resource to see exactly what all those entirely melted blobs of plastic and glue are on the built-up I bought a few years back.  :D

Hey Bill, I'm working on that kit now. The front end is pretty fidgety , or at least it was for me.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...