Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I got this in the mail. It's the NEO for Iwata Trn-2 side feed airbrush. It sprays beautifully. If you have never tried a trigger style you should. They feel better and are easier to control than a stsndard dual action. They probably would be better for newbies. It was around $100 with free priority mail or UPS at chicagoairbrushsupply.com. They have great and quick service. It does hav an adapter to use standard jars(Badger/Paasche).

Got it some months ago. Testor Aztec cups will fit the side feed. U love and think you will also.

I got my order from the Moebius Founder's Day sale. 7 sci-fi kits, including their TOS Cylon Raider, which is absolutely huge. Just the top of the kit's hull is bigger than my head.

Last week I picked up the Dirt Track Racers reissue of the Switchers '32 Ford. I found it at a hobby shop I visited on a family vacation.

amt-1932-ford-sedan-or-phaeton-switchers

Gee, I can't imagine why your so happy about finding an old 300? :^)

Scott

Let's just say I have a small soft spot for Chrysler 300s. :) My first car in high school was a red 1967 Chrysler 300 hardtop with a black vinyl top & black interior. A good friend of mine had a maroon '64 4 door hardtop around the same time. I think I'll build this one as a "tribute" to him. He was killed in a car accident along with 2 other friends in a Vega Cosworth right after graduation. Steve

Let's just say I have a small soft spot for Chrysler 300s. :) My first car in high school was a red 1967 Chrysler 300 hardtop with a black vinyl top & black interior. A good friend of mine had a maroon '64 4 door hardtop around the same time. I think I'll build this one as a "tribute" to him. He was killed in a car accident along with 2 other friends in a Vega Cosworth right after graduation. Steve

Steve I can tell by your Chrysler 300 hood ornament ('66?) in your icon box (or what ever that thing is on the left is called), you like 300s. I picked that up right away. I was kidding around with my little post above about you and your acquisition. That's why I left the little smiley face thing :^) turned side ways at the end of the post.

I too love Chrysler 300s. Mainly the letter cars. But I do like the non-letter car up through 1971 also. I even like the 1979 Cordoba 300. The new 300s? They okay. But, they are not the mighty 300s of the letter car era. My favorite 300? The 1960 300F. Ranks in my my ten all time favorite cars.

So, I was just kidding around. I'm really glad you got that '64 300 for as cheaply as you did. And I'm sorry to hear the story about your friend killed in the Vega.

Scott

Steve I can tell by your Chrysler 300 hood ornament ('66?) in your icon box (or what ever that thing is on the left is called), you like 300s. I picked that up right away. I was kidding around with my little post above about you and your acquisition. That's why I left the little smiley face thing :^) turned side ways at the end of the post.

I too love Chrysler 300s. Mainly the letter cars. But I do like the non-letter car up through 1971 also. I even like the 1979 Cordoba 300. The new 300s? They okay. But, they are not the mighty 300s of the letter car era. My favorite 300? The 1960 300F. Ranks in my my ten all time favorite cars.

So, I was just kidding around. I'm really glad you got that '64 300 for as cheaply as you did. And I'm sorry to hear the story about your friend killed in the Vega.

Scott

I got ya Scott. I knew you were just kidding around. Just thought I'd explain my "thing" with 300s. I bought that '67 from a junk yard in New Richland MN in 1979. A friend of mine wanted the 440 that was in it, so I sold it to him & dropped in a 383 Magnum. I later found a dual quad intake with a pair of Holley carbs @ a swap meet & added that. It never really did run like it should. Just dropping on a dual quad setup without doing any other mods doesn't work too well sometimes. Especially when you're a dumb 17 year old who knows nothing about hopping up a car. My biggest problem with that car was while overhauling the engine in "auto mechanics" class, we pinched a wire under a valve cover & fried a large portion of the electrical system. By the time I sold the car some 5 years later, it still ran ok, but virtually none of the electrical equipment worked any more. :) By the way, The friend that was killed had moved to Minneapolis during our Junior year in high school & the accident occured somewhere up there. Must have been about 1981-82. Always seems like the guys with the biggest zest for life die way too young. Steve

Got our electricity back on this morning around 11:30 (went off during a very brief storm around 2:55 Friday afternoon) - thank goodness the basement didn't flood. Big relief, because earlier, ComEd was saying it might not be back on until tomorrow or Monday.

I have a battery back up on my sump pump just for this reason. It looks like a car battery with a small charger that powers a second pump in my sump well. During Hurricane Sandy much of NJ lost power for days to weeks. My sister in law living in North Jersey, way out of the hurricane and shore area had $50,000 damage to her finished basement. Now she has a battery back up.

And what did I get today? RAIN! Planned on spending a lazy day out by the pool. I no sooner stepped in the water and heard thunder off in the distance! Soon enough we were inside for the day.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...