Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

7 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Sweet score! Looks like a pristine version of the one I found filthy, broken, and scuffed in a flea market a couple years ago, and successfully rescued. B)

At first I did not know what it was. My friend was the parts manager for a Chevy dealer years ago, and had a case of these. The owner said to get rid of them. So he did. He kept some , gave me 2 and some of my other friends also. They were all the same. He collects hot wheels cars so he was not interested in these. Your right snake, these are cool and I can see how people collect them. 

BC2E351B-BF1A-46EF-A78B-0BAB798A593A.jpeg

40CC39BC-C62A-42F1-831B-17896DE0A5BE.jpeg

17 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Recently saw a resin VR6 engine available, which would go great with this Corrado, especially since the engine block is missing (which I knew).  The builder had opened the driver door, and scribed in a sunroof but left the masking tape on!  I've never seen this kit, so *had to* get it.
IMG_1680_Fotor.jpg.5604780e4c4d19860042f110a2becf85.jpg

Dang! I have been hunting for this kit for ages!

22 hours ago, stitchdup said:

I'd like to know more about the vr6 engine mate, I have a load of kits I want to put a vr into

So would I, saw on Fakebook but lost track.  Will definitely let everyone know!

Friends have ability to get models at wholesale cost, plus distributor was having a blow-out sale on Hasegawa models.  I've always liked the Evo, so figured this was a good choice.  Holy cow, not only photo-etch, but sheet plastic for flaps, seatbelts, and white metal parts too.

IMG_1686_Fotor.jpg

10 hours ago, kelson said:

Me too,i have a couple of the Corrado coupes and convertibles and the engine in the kit seems incomplete.

they sure aint complete, and personally I think the corrado kits are a bit under size when compared to the mk2 golfs. I'm putting the engine from the mk1 into a mk2 just now so it looks a bit nicer under the hood, but i would much rather put a vr6 into it or any modern vw engine. Kinda surprised nobody makes any really given how popular the vw scene is. Clearly scale do a really nice 16v but they arent trading just now and i used the one i have already. I knew i should have bought a load more

Picked up this Haynes workshop manual in new hardcover version from Ebay, very cheaply and free postage too....... it is the Bentley from 1927 onwards, including the ' Blower '........ at the moment I am building the 1:24 Bentley Blower by Revell, and the engine is fully assembled and painted.

David

Ebay_Bentley_Book_Description.jpg

20 hours ago, HomerS said:

Cadillac promo from the Louisville model show - minor roof damage repaired.  I have the 76 version, but I wanted the earlier model

Revell VM, same show - missed the previous release, open/complete and who knows if/when it will be re-released

Testors Mercedes - Louisville toy store.  Sealed.  I have a thing for the classics

Dayton toy and Louisville model show Feb 20.jpg

Nice Caddy...!

Local toy show today. Bought a JoHan '75 Olds Cutlass, complete and unbuilt, for a VERY reasonable price, and a nicely built JoHan '69 AMX, complete and looking pretty good, for about what you'd expect to pay currently for a glue bomb on ePay. Only flaw with it is the guy filled the hole in the hood by covering with the scoop from a '70 Hemi Cuda or Challenger, which looks a bit strange. If I can get that off there, fill the hole, and repaint the hood (the guy said it was a Duplicolor metallic red, but didn't know the exact color name), it'll look great on the shelf. 

Pics as soon as I can sneak them into the house past The Lovely Mrs. Snake. B)

Both nice pickups, Rich. Those Cutlasses are going for some big bucks on ebay lately. I saw a couple unbuilt '69 AMX Super Stock kits for ± 60 bucks.

Got this from BNA Model World. Ordered on Feb. 27th and it arrived yesterday. Some stuff I ordered on Feb. 25th from Michigan is still "in transit to the destination". ?

image.png.619a5717f0832932d579536403f547fa.png

image.png.04cb9024cc9e409333eb0a641ef46eb1.png

Them Borranis sure look swell.

image.png.4beb271607cbb74fdf925d4d4a6f4f1c.png

Now, to find decent replacement tires. Those Dunlop tractor tires included in the Protar/RoG kits suck big time.

Got another 1/12 57 chevy today and look what was in the box. Thought it was kinda neat. Never been opened . Date on box is 1980. Not sure if I even wanna open it or if the paint would be good.

IMG_20200301_154002715.jpg

Edited by Ctmodeler

2 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

[...] Got this from BNA Model World. Ordered on Feb. 27th and it arrived yesterday. Some stuff I ordered on Feb. 25th from Michigan is still "in transit to the destination". ?

Them Borranis sure look swell.

Now, to find decent replacement tires. Those Dunlop tractor tires included in the Protar/RoG kits suck big time.

I've handed over disposable income to BNA, they seem to have stuff that I haven't seen elsewhere.  I got those wheels too!  Yea about tires, wish Fujimi would sell just the Pirellis that come in the Daytona kit.

I'm pleasantly surprised about the Corrado.  This VR6 was found on Fakebook (too bad if you don't waste time there), it's not available yet, and the guy does not do pre-order, so will have to jump when it is, because I've learned how hit and miss the aftermarket is.

VR6.jpg

9 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

I've handed over disposable income to BNA, they seem to have stuff that I haven't seen elsewhere.  I got those wheels too!  Yea about tires, wish Fujimi would sell just the Pirellis that come in the Daytona kit.

I'm pleasantly surprised about the Corrado.  This VR6 was found on Fakebook (too bad if you don't waste time there), it's not available yet, and the guy does not do pre-order, so will have to jump when it is, because I've learned how hit and miss the aftermarket is.

VR6.jpg

cheers for that, I'm just away to shoot him an email

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...