Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

That's a great starting point on the Ford pick-up. A little bed repair on the driver's side is about all. You were going to replace those mirrors anyway. The engine is from another kit, and I'm thinking of either the AMT Mercury as the 2-4s and a Paxton Super Charger were optional in that kit along with the FE series engine. The SAMT '56 Ford Fairlane kit also had much the same setup but on the older Y block engine. The Super Charger its self looks like it could have come from a newer kit since the detail of its shape looks a little more realistic. Did you get the chopped 3 window there also ? 

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

40CC39BC-C62A-42F1-831B-17896DE0A5BE.jpeg

Those old AMT Corvettes and Geo Storm promos are so plentiful that I see them at east coast shows for $5 and $10 each, with no buyers!

Very true. I was amazed to discover that they're often available at less than new retail price. You can just about have your pick of most colors, too. This applies to many of the 3G and 4G Camaros, too. 

22 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Got a couple resin goodies in the mail today, a ‘70/71 Dodge Polara 4dr sedan from Too Many Projects

That's a beaut, Rich. I checked out his FB page and he has a lot of nice stuff I need to hand over cash for.

21 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

I've handed over disposable income to BNA, they seem to have stuff that I haven't seen elsewhere.  I got those wheels too!  Yea about tires, wish Fujimi would sell just the Pirellis that come in the Daytona kit.

I'm pleasantly surprised about the Corrado.  This VR6 was found on Fakebook (too bad if you don't waste time there), it's not available yet, and the guy does not do pre-order, so will have to jump when it is, because I've learned how hit and miss the aftermarket is.

VR6.jpg

21 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

That engine is great looking. I never saw that on Joel's ebay page. FB only?

11 hours ago, stitchdup said:

cheers for that, I'm just away to shoot him an email

Coming very soon fellas. I’ll have a few by end of the month. Follow me on FB or IG so you don’t miss the announcement. They will be available through my Ebay store. 

7 hours ago, espo said:

That's a great starting point on the Ford pick-up. A little bed repair on the driver's side is about all. You were going to replace those mirrors anyway. The engine is from another kit, and I'm thinking of either the AMT Mercury as the 2-4s and a Paxton Super Charger were optional in that kit along with the FE series engine. The SAMT '56 Ford Fairlane kit also had much the same setup but on the older Y block engine. The Super Charger its self looks like it could have come from a newer kit since the detail of its shape looks a little more realistic. Did you get the chopped 3 window there also ? 

Thanks!! No the 36 is an ongoing resto I picked up awhile back. 

Was hoping to post on page 1000, but oh well :P

Anyway, I just clicked on that tantalizing "buy it now" button, having finally found this for a price that was not insane in Berlin, Germany... Even so, at approximately 50 bucks including shipping it is probably the second most expensive single kit I ever paid for, but it is my last true holy grail kit I still had on the "to get" list so I am quite pleased... Watch Revell announce this now in 3, 2, 1... 

s-l1600.jpg.3abd74c76e44fc90d1ba63d8dcda7d82.jpg

I've received my share of damaged packages, some due to horrible packing, others due to postal mishandling.

But as a seller, it irritates me when a buyer contacts me to complain about a damaged package, that has obviously been crushed or damaged in transit. That is on the Postal Service!! Contact them, and they will take care of it.

On 2/29/2020 at 5:58 PM, HomerS said:

Cadillac promo from the Louisville model show - minor roof damage repaired.  I have the 76 version, but I wanted the earlier model

Revell VM, same show - missed the previous release, open/complete and who knows if/when it will be re-released

Testors Mercedes - Louisville toy store.  Sealed.  I have a thing for the classics

Dayton toy and Louisville model show Feb 20.jpg

Like the 'Killer Bee' been looking for one of those here in the UK for some time!

14 hours ago, 64SS350 said:

I've received my share of damaged packages, some due to horrible packing, others due to postal mishandling.

But as a seller, it irritates me when a buyer contacts me to complain about a damaged package, that has obviously been crushed or damaged in transit. That is on the Postal Service!! Contact them, and they will take care of it.

Actually, insurance is for the seller. I learned this earlier this year. So if a package is insured, the seller needs to make the claim. If you lay the blame on the buyer you’re going to lose a customer. 

53 minutes ago, Erik Smith said:

Actually, insurance is for the seller. I learned this earlier this year. So if a package is insured, the seller needs to make the claim. If you lay the blame on the buyer you’re going to lose a customer. 

I have dealt with Burbanks House of Hobbies for 10 years now, 2 weeks ago i received this Land Rover kit. 

4SOVyd5.jpg

8lebHRx.jpg

Q7P8s2M.jpg

DM9e5l4.jpg

2 minutes after opening the box I called Burbank -NO fuss...he sent me another kit and told me to keep the smashed one as it would cost more than it was worth to send it back. 

7 hours ago, Erik Smith said:

Most or all packages have a free amount of insurance. I am not putting it on my customer, but the Postal Service. And my customers have gotten results after referring them to the Post Office. If packed properly, it's up to them to deliver a package without damage.

7 hours ago, von Zipper said:

I have dealt with Burbanks House of Hobbies for 10 years now, 2 weeks ago i received this Land Rover kit. 

2 minutes after opening the box I called Burbank -NO fuss...he sent me another kit and told me to keep the smashed one as it would cost more than it was worth to send it back. 

I just bought some strip stock from them. I had it, in three days. Given your experience, I will definitely buy from them, again!

11 hours ago, von Zipper said:

I have dealt with Burbanks House of Hobbies for 10 years now, 2 weeks ago i received this Land Rover kit...2 minutes after opening the box I called Burbank -NO fuss...he sent me another kit and told me to keep the smashed one as it would cost more than it was worth to send it back. 

Not a bit surprised. Glenn Bergstrom is a great guy.  When I lived in the area, I went to Burbank House of Hobbies almost every week. 

If anyone gets a chance to visit the store on summer vacation or whatever, don't miss it.  Glenn and his wife, Gretchen, took over that shop long ago, from an elderly couple who had run it since the 1950s.  That elderly couple had a lot of ancient built-ups that are still on display in the store.  Aurora monsters, various car and aircraft kits, etc. 

5 minutes ago, Mike999 said:

Not a bit surprised. Glenn Bergstrom is a great guy.  When I lived in the area, I went to Burbank House of Hobbies almost every week. 

If anyone gets a chance to visit the store on summer vacation or whatever, don't miss it.  Glenn and his wife, Gretchen, took over that shop long ago, from an elderly couple who had run it since the 1950s.  That elderly couple had a lot of ancient built-ups that are still on display in the store.  Aurora monsters, various car and aircraft kits, etc. 

So it’s a hobby shop. I always believed it was like Modelroundup. I have bought from Burbank House of Hobbbies they get it to you fast and in great shape..

13 hours ago, von Zipper said:

4SOVyd5.jpg

8lebHRx.jpg

Q7P8s2M.jpg

DM9e5l4.jpg

Glen at Burbank's House of Hobbies is a stand up guy. 

On 3/2/2020 at 5:36 PM, ranma said:

Got the '68 Impala from MCW, But it came damaged. Called them, and had to email the photo's of the boxes and the car.. I also got a '75 Caprice Promo I made an offer on ebay for.

DSC04525.JPG

DSC04526.JPG

DSC04527.JPG

DSC04528.JPG

75 Caprice.jpg

Rick that 75 is nice, im glad you found a deal on one.

3 hours ago, slusher said:

So it’s a hobby shop. I always believed it was like Modelroundup. I have bought from Burbank House of Hobbbies they get it to you fast and in great shape..

Glad to hear it!  Yep, it's a real brick-and-mortar, old-fashioned shop, along with the eBay and mail order operations. Here's a pic. Glenn also sells built-ups and glue-bombs, or used to at least. I found a Ziploc bag full of AMT '66 Corvette parts there once.  Useful because their hoods have the 1966-only "Corvette Sting Ray" emblem.

bhh.jpg

For anyone interested , google Burbank's House of Hobbies , click on the pictures and take the virtual tour .

A little more~ well deserved praise on Glenn and his operation : I received that smashed box around 2 pm on a Thursday (E.S.T) which made it 11 am in California . Within an hour I received an email saying   a package has been sent out from them . By 11 am Saturday morning I had mint replacement kit in my hand, less than 48 hours-that kind of customer service is outstanding !

6 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Glad to hear it!  Yep, it's a real brick-and-mortar, old-fashioned shop, along with the eBay and mail order operations. Here's a pic. Glenn also sells built-ups and glue-bombs, or used to at least. I found a Ziploc bag full of AMT '66 Corvette parts there once.  Useful because their hoods have the 1966-only "Corvette Sting Ray" emblem.

bhh.jpg

I wish I could go in there and shop but I do buy from him now I will buy my stuff from him...

On 3/3/2020 at 8:18 PM, von Zipper said:

On 3/2/2020 at 4:36 PM, ranma said:

Got the '68 Impala from MCW, But it came damaged. Called them, and had to email the photo's of the boxes and the car.. I also got a '75 Caprice Promo I made an offer on ebay for.

Seems to be a recurring theme here with the USPS!

I got this package today and was not optimistic that the '62 Imperial inside was any more than dust!

image.jpeg.ab6719d36740d3f813a5b604f65bd942.jpeg

image.jpeg.a85886de8f5a60158e3fa728886e5582.jpeg

Miraculously, it arrived unscathed!

image.jpeg.2bee613e4cca5ecebecdf92223f224d1.jpeg

I want to thank my good friend Joe Zrodlowski profusely for the opportunity to own this beautiful Imperial!

I will do my absolute best to do it justice!!

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...