Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

A shout out to Greg Smith😁 Thanks for the heads up in the Ollies thread!!!! Our local store just opened here in Van Wert Ohio on the 9th!  Sure enough they had one case of the Transtar 4070 A kit's, and two cases of the Trailers. Bought 3 Transtar's and a Trailer! Had to go back for the trailer as I didn't have enough $$ on me at the time . They held the trailer for me while I came home to get the rest of the cash I needed. I'm lucky I did as when I got back every truck and all the trailers except the one I was buying were sold. I got to the store at 10:15 A.M. and got back here at 10:45 to hear that all the trucks and  all but one of the trailers  were sold to one person! They refused to sell him the one that I had waiting for me to get back and pay for....

• Like 4

14 hours ago, RSchnell said:

I got the last mail truck at my formerly local Ollie's. They also had 2 full cases of Rat Fink trailers, and a bunch of kits of other kits left over. Just a couple years ago these would've been cleaned out quick..LOL 

IMG_20230814_183535064.jpg

I sure hope there’s a mail truck when I go back Friday!

On 8/12/2023 at 8:05 PM, atomicholiday said:

Flea market today.  I got lucky and found my first Jo-Han kit today.  I haven’t gone through it yet, but at a glance it looks untouched.  Found a few other kits too.

IMG_3106.jpeg.beb126b5f2254a83b71911b7d2d399c6.jpegIMG_3107.jpeg.63179c7f8a764f7ff514c4ed7748a733.jpeg

Real nice kits for a flea market!

On 8/12/2023 at 9:57 PM, CabDriver said:

I’ve wanted one of these, for the truck mainly, for months and months.  I don’t know what it is about that truck, but I really want one on my shelf…

IMG_1880.thumb.jpeg.0f6067760ea321bdd4f78861b4fe6fb4.jpeg

That is a very. Neat and colol truck!

Edited by slusher
Forgot too coment

Have to do some catch up here. I have made several purchases over the last several weeks. Forgive the lack of pictures - I'll get them up soon.

Firstly, I have to give a huge thank you to Mark Cassidy (Grumpa). I bought a few kits from him on Ebay and he included amazing goodie bags with each. I don't have photos of those right now but it was everything from engines to wheels and tires to diorama bits, aftermarket resin and PE stuff and a whole lot more. Lots of fun just going through those items.

As far as kits go here are my recent purchases: The Revell '36 Ford convertible (Car Show) and  Monogram  Pro Modeler '40 Ford convertible and Revell '41 Willys competition coupe, all from Grumpa. The Italeri 1/12 Alfa 2300 Monza, and the Italeri 1/12 Fiat Mefistophele.  These are large and amazing kits with PE, wiring and other stuff.  From Walmart clearance - The AMT Kenworth Transit mixer ($20.00), Hot Wheels 2010 Camaro SS/RS, AMT 1980 Dodge Ram, 77 Ford Van ($9), and AMT 1971 Beetle. I also just got the Moebius 64 Nova street machine and finally snagged a can of Revell Chrome spray from Megahobby. Time to let the wallet cool off...

Edited by redscampi

34 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

I wore the old one out…so I got a new one:

IMG_2055.thumb.jpeg.907e8255880686d961711b3f5749b1c1.jpeg

How do you wear out a printer I'm just curious I've been running my original Saturn since January of 2021 still using them, and I think I've replaced one screen on one of them and that was my fault I think I dropped something on it

17 minutes ago, Texas_3D_Customs said:

How do you wear out a printer I'm just curious I've been running my original Saturn since January of 2021 still using them, and I think I've replaced one screen on one of them and that was my fault I think I dropped something on it

The screen on mine started flickering and I was getting partial prints, extra stuff printing on the plate that shouldn’t have been there…Anycubic said it was the screen, which was $70, and with some Amazon credits they gave me lately it was only $40 more to just replace the whole thing.

I’m sure the old one is fixable, and I probably will, but I didn’t mind the idea of having a second machine anyway…

3 hours ago, CabDriver said:

The screen on mine started flickering and I was getting partial prints, extra stuff printing on the plate that shouldn’t have been there…Anycubic said it was the screen, which was $70, and with some Amazon credits they gave me lately it was only $40 more to just replace the whole thing.

I’m sure the old one is fixable, and I probably will, but I didn’t mind the idea of having a second machine anyway…

try a good memory stick in the old one, my photon did that from the start and it turned out to be a faulty memory stick. It did everything you described and had worked perfect since getting a new memory stick

Picked these up at a local store, Wednesday. I had never seen the K&S square aluminum tube, before. I'll use the 3/8" rod for lathe stock, and the 1/64"x1/32" brass strip--well, just because! I went for 1/64"x1/8" brass strip, but, they were out of stock. I picked up the Tamiya Clear Orange lacquer, to be sure I wouldn't run out, doing the dragster.

DSC_0003cr.jpg

DSC_0004cr.jpg