Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 9/30/2023 at 8:03 AM, Can-Con said:

Back about 25 years ago I actually had an '82 S/E Firebird tried to find one of those kits with no luck.

Later I was very disappointed to find out it was just the Trans Am kit with a standard hood.

Couldn't one cobble up the proper underhood details? Basically geometric shapes. Plus some things will be hidden anyway.

1 hour ago, lordairgtar said:

Couldn't one cobble up the proper underhood details? Basically geometric shapes. Plus some things will be hidden anyway.

Actually, the most accurate under the hood of the 1/25 3rd gen E-bodies is the old Revell kits, aside from the awful engine. 

I could have easily made an accurate replica of my '82 S/E by just filling in the T-tops and fender vents and swapping in a better 4bbl small block Chevy but like I said, could never find one.

On 10/2/2023 at 8:27 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

This is my actual 1/8 Pocher '32 Rolls gloobomb in all its grotty glory. I posted having received it earlier, but hadn't done a photo dump to my computer yet.

It's about 98% complete, but will need a full rebuild...which is OK, 'cause it's getting a custom body anyway.

DSCN8408.JPG.ed917b7a17d808472595abf451cc1383.JPG

I could see this as a very detailed barn find diorama. Imagine a dusty Rolls found in the old estate barn with a property caretaker and a couple of gentlemen from the local branch of the Royal Veteran Motor Society sizing it up. Dust it up a bit and add cobwebs.  Leave the radiator grille as is with it's louvers lying askew as they are. Dried grimy dirt in and around the engine compartment with a bird nest maybe. Wooden beam floor, part of the structure to give the impression of walls and a single green shade lamp bulb hanging from a wire to dimly illuminated their find.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lordairgtar said:

I could see this as a very detailed barn find diorama. Imagine a dusty Rolls found in the old estate barn with a property caretaker and a couple of gentlemen from the local branch of the Royal Veteran Motor Society sizing it up. Dust it up a bit and add cobwebs.  Leave the radiator grille as is with it's louvers lying askew as they are. Dried grimy dirt in and around the engine compartment with a bird nest maybe. Wooden beam floor, part of the structure to give the impression of walls and a single green shade lamp bulb hanging from a wire to dimly illuminated their find.

thats pretty much the story behind this one, except it wasn't an old estate but instead a tumble down stone shed behind the public toilets. its only been got running and cleaned since, the paint is original to the hearse conversion which i believe was done in aberdeen

DSC08154.JPG

• Like 3

On 10/2/2023 at 9:27 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

This is my actual 1/8 Pocher '32 Rolls gloobomb in all its grotty glory. I posted having received it earlier, but hadn't done a photo dump to my computer yet.

It's about 98% complete, but will need a full rebuild...which is OK, 'cause it's getting a custom body anyway.

Kind of reminds me of the car in the movie Sunset Boulevard. That was in a garage owned by an aging actress. up on blocks and hadn't been used in years.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 1930fordpickup said:

This is a nice hall. Not sure if your wallet is still smoking or not but you better check it.  Really like that Ranchero

Yeah It just cooled down .......... the Ranchero is going to be a Twister Special ! one two ever built .

• Like 1

One of these, thinking the taillight lenses would be correct for my 275P Ferrari. Almost, but not quite, having the later rectangular reflectors.

(I have the Revell kit with the flares too, and liked this Hasagawa version so much I just ordered their flared version as well)

Picture 1 of 3

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 3

On 10/3/2023 at 2:27 AM, Ace-Garageguy said:

That's great! I have the 1930's Mercedes soft top, but it's not finished as the plastic body has become brittle over the years and parts of it have disintigrated!

Edited by PatW

16 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

I was getting some paints at Model Land, and this just begged me to take it home.

a03401v_1_jaguar-420_pack.jpg

I built that kit. Really nice build.  Just be mindful of the small bits. Also have the identical MPC boxed kit which comes with chrome pieces.

2 hours ago, PatW said:

Landed today, having seen two pick-up truck conversions on various sites, but this will be a commercial version.

photo-vi.jpg

Have that one too, as well as the original Revell kit of the Trabant. There was a TV show where people took three of these on a trip from Berlin to Laos. One heck of an adventure. They outlasted their Mercedes Benz support vehicle.

Edited by lordairgtar