Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)


Recommended Posts

Got 2 of these kits in the mail the other day...

IMG_20231013_194753100.thumb.jpg.04be2780457d9936f8c177f1311146f1.jpg

As well as finally getting my hands on the 34 Slammer kit... Turns out I'm surprised that it's a Snap kit via the instructions say I can... But it needs painted but no paint diagram... Wonder what's suppose to be what color??? 

IMG_20231013_194411459.thumb.jpg.11787bf91c9827e34c20eef445a3203e.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This weeks mail call. I bought the Shelby parts kit to complete another SnakeBite kit. The others are either sealed or open and complete.

Side note.. I've been admiring some of the purchases made by others and some of those kits have been on my radar such as the 1/32 jaguar mentioned. I've passed it up multiple times due to uncertainty of the kits quality. Hearing the interactions about those said kits have given me some insight on which I might want to obtain or ditch. Thanks!

'76 S~Panel O,C~'69 S~GT500 Parts.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hit the Duneland show today.  Got some good raffle prize wins:

IMG_3782.jpeg.3b960f4b4087214333da2b2a3799df49.jpeg

IMG_3784.jpeg.7021c6a6c7accacc0c7d5b27047757fe.jpeg

IMG_3785.jpeg.3036c715c3c3b7b75c613b1980b0cac3.jpeg

IMG_3786.jpeg.7bf5d3889438d93fdc0b9f5e29bf56c5.jpeg

IMG_3787.jpeg.dc16db03c00354e0e32e260de647693e.jpeg

Most of which I never would have specifically PICKED, which makes them fun…gets the mind whirring with ideas.  

Oh, and this one, which didn’t fit in my photo booth:

IMG_3794.thumb.jpeg.bead89d31d9e0af3bdd140f88cfcf2f6.jpeg

I picked up the Flathead version of this kit last year at the same show, and was excited that they had the Offie version this year (actually, there were like seven of them for sale, but only really ‘NEED’ one…)

IMG_3788.jpeg.91454e1a4efe74fdfba8cda5a9b359ea.jpeg

This box art on this AMT T isn’t the best, but it’s apparently a decent kit so I added that to the stash:

IMG_3791.jpeg.1b446a2359345e6bb427c8e8e375198f.jpeg

I particularly like the weird little truck version:

IMG_3792.thumb.jpeg.4c546847498b957f606bdbbf9ed15ca0.jpeg

One for my (as yet unstarted) collection of Roth builds:

IMG_3789.jpeg.74bdc62fc78d13b323e6c3d43d1ad7c0.jpeg

Another ugly duckling box art - I’ve had a 49 Merc on my to-build list for a while, but I won’t be taking any styling suggestions from Barris…this thing looks like if Ronald McDonald were the Joker in the Batman movies and needed a vehicle:

IMG_3790.thumb.jpeg.b9b3b810274d6bedd1c630c9bbe69e03.jpeg

The club had some pretty cool little goodie bags too…they had some supplies, a nice scalpel (with extra blades!) and stickers and stuff…I added the 50-cent-a-pair custom seats and $1 paints myself…

IMG_3793.thumb.jpeg.b099a415ed22aa0a981df37147fa4ec2.jpeg

Oh, and a few trophies too, but the fun of the show is the important part…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, RSchnell said:

Picked up a few things at the Modelpalooza show today. The '66 Galaxie convert was a nice surprise, the '63 Merc is an empty box but for $5 I couldn't pass it up. The 1/16 '57 Corvette was $10 so it followed me home as well.

IMG_20231014_181253845.jpg

IMG_20231014_181617903.jpg

IMG_20231014_181637007.jpg

IMG_20231014_181649925.jpg

Nice haul you got there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, RSchnell said:

Picked up a few things at the Modelpalooza show today. The '66 Galaxie convert was a nice surprise, the '63 Merc is an empty box but for $5 I couldn't pass it up. The 1/16 '57 Corvette was $10 so it followed me home as well.

IMG_20231014_181253845.jpg

IMG_20231014_181617903.jpg

IMG_20231014_181637007.jpg

IMG_20231014_181649925.jpg

Nice haul

11 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Hit the Duneland show today.  Got some good raffle prize wins:

IMG_3782.jpeg.3b960f4b4087214333da2b2a3799df49.jpeg

IMG_3784.jpeg.7021c6a6c7accacc0c7d5b27047757fe.jpeg

IMG_3785.jpeg.3036c715c3c3b7b75c613b1980b0cac3.jpeg

IMG_3786.jpeg.7bf5d3889438d93fdc0b9f5e29bf56c5.jpeg

IMG_3787.jpeg.dc16db03c00354e0e32e260de647693e.jpeg

Most of which I never would have specifically PICKED, which makes them fun…gets the mind whirring with ideas.  

Oh, and this one, which didn’t fit in my photo booth:

IMG_3794.thumb.jpeg.bead89d31d9e0af3bdd140f88cfcf2f6.jpeg

I picked up the Flathead version of this kit last year at the same show, and was excited that they had the Offie version this year (actually, there were like seven of them for sale, but only really ‘NEED’ one…)

IMG_3788.jpeg.91454e1a4efe74fdfba8cda5a9b359ea.jpeg

This box art on this AMT T isn’t the best, but it’s apparently a decent kit so I added that to the stash:

IMG_3791.jpeg.1b446a2359345e6bb427c8e8e375198f.jpeg

I particularly like the weird little truck version:

IMG_3792.thumb.jpeg.4c546847498b957f606bdbbf9ed15ca0.jpeg

One for my (as yet unstarted) collection of Roth builds:

IMG_3789.jpeg.74bdc62fc78d13b323e6c3d43d1ad7c0.jpeg

Another ugly duckling box art - I’ve had a 49 Merc on my to-build list for a while, but I won’t be taking any styling suggestions from Barris…this thing looks like if Ronald McDonald were the Joker in the Batman movies and needed a vehicle:

IMG_3790.thumb.jpeg.b9b3b810274d6bedd1c630c9bbe69e03.jpeg

The club had some pretty cool little goodie bags too…they had some supplies, a nice scalpel (with extra blades!) and stickers and stuff…I added the 50-cent-a-pair custom seats and $1 paints myself…

IMG_3793.thumb.jpeg.b099a415ed22aa0a981df37147fa4ec2.jpeg

Oh, and a few trophies too, but the fun of the show is the important part…

Nice haul!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just got an AMT 1962 Ford convertible from E Bay on the cheap and it's got the barn find look. The only question is, should I keep it that way or give it a complete bath. The photo of it is from  E Bay.

 

 

 

s-l1600.jpg.36bcf0834f50ce12f92a31e119147ab0.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by John M.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2023 at 10:26 AM, John M. said:

I just got an AMT 1962 Ford convertible from E Bay on the cheap and it's got the barn find look. The only question is, should I keep it that way or give it a complete bath. The photo of it is from  E Bay.

 

 

 

s-l1600.jpg.36bcf0834f50ce12f92a31e119147ab0.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Personally I'd restore it. FYI, it is a 1961 Ford in case you look for parts. Don't need ya getting the wrong things

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stitchdup said:

would you mind posting some contents pics of the capri? I've not seen that one before and i have a soft spot for euro fords

🤔°° I shouldn't tell you this since I've had my eye on this particular kit for quite sometime on eBay for $44.88 + shipping..  "It's all fair game" 

Screenshot_20231016-125228(1).png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2023 at 9:26 AM, John M. said:

I just got an AMT 1962 Ford convertible from E Bay on the cheap and it's got the barn find look. The only question is, should I keep it that way or give it a complete bath. The photo of it is from  E Bay.

 

 

 

s-l1600.jpg.36bcf0834f50ce12f92a31e119147ab0.jpg

 

 

Did they include the hood and the convertible boot?  That may make it easy to restore. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, A modeler named mike said:

🤔°° I shouldn't tell you this since I've had my eye on this particular kit for quite sometime on eBay for $44.88 + shipping..  "It's all fair game" 

Screenshot_20231016-125228(1).png

i appreciate the link, but being in scotland its too much for shipping. nearly $70!! just for shipping

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2023 at 9:26 AM, John M. said:

I just got an AMT 1962 Ford convertible from E Bay on the cheap and it's got the barn find look. The only question is, should I keep it that way or give it a complete bath. The photo of it is from  E Bay.

 

 

 

s-l1600.jpg.36bcf0834f50ce12f92a31e119147ab0.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yes, as Sledsel stated, be aware that it is indeed a ‘61 Ford.

But that may be to your advantage in the parts search department.

Parts could be obtained from the AMT re-pop of the ‘61 Victoria club coupe some years ago that should be still pretty easily available.

 

 

 

Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/15/2023 at 9:26 AM, John M. said:

I just got an AMT 1962 Ford convertible from E Bay on the cheap and it's got the barn find look. The only question is, should I keep it that way or give it a complete bath. The photo of it is from  E Bay.

 

 

 

s-l1600.jpg.36bcf0834f50ce12f92a31e119147ab0.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Rebuild that classic!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I didn't physically get this model today but I did purchase it today online. It's definitely NOT my normal subject matter but I do like the unusual or weird. This kit is from the 1940's. My thought when I saw it was what would Tom Daniels do with it? Maybe some type of crazy dragster with more than the one horse power it currently allows for..lol

 

Screenshot_20231017-121520(1).png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...