Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

3 hours ago, espo said:

You found an Ollie's in OP? 

Looks like it may have opened in August?

11610 W. 95th, conveniently located next to a Hobby Lobby. 
as far as kits on hand I saw a coke trailer, Myers Manx, a corvette Cr7? and a mid 90’s Mustang along with various jet aircraft.

• Thanks 1

I’d wanted one of these for a while, and a co-worker surprised me with an Amazon voucher for a lunchtime project I was helping her with…so I knew immediately what to spend it on:

IMG_3881.thumb.jpeg.0efc237b4cf2bc376adabad23a336206.jpeg

Micro Mark Chop-It…not the fanciest of tools, but I already know I’m going to use this a bunch, especially for those tasks where you need to cut a bunch of material to identical lengths easily.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CabDriver said:

I’d wanted one of these for a while, and a co-worker surprised me with an Amazon voucher for a lunchtime project I was helping her with…so I knew immediately what to spend it on:

IMG_3881.thumb.jpeg.0efc237b4cf2bc376adabad23a336206.jpeg

Micro Mark Chop-It…not the fanciest of tools, but I already know I’m going to use this a bunch, especially for those tasks where you need to cut a bunch of material to identical lengths easily.

I have the Evergreen version, it works great on thin stuff and handy to make a bunch of the same part.

• Like 1

C1500 454SS - sealed inside.  swap meet find

Hardcastle & McCormick - open but complete.  Wasn't looking for this kit but caught my eye.  swap meet find

Force 440 - open, missing wheels/tires, but everything else is there.  Auction win

thumbnail (1).jpeg

thumbnail (3).jpeg

thumbnail (2).jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mike C. said:

Scored another deal off ebay. Still out there if you look. I only bought this for the complete rider but I also have a sort of complete CR 450 for parts. 

20231021_131026.thumb.jpg.70f4e45b2b05a8bb3b53b8cba235584c.jpg

Very cool! Can you elaborate on the kit a little? Scale, manufacturer, etc? Thanks!

6 hours ago, espo said:

Please post any pictures of the show you may take. 

If I get a chance to take any.  I'm usually pretty busy running the show; doing registration, running the raffle and handing out awards.

We are hoping that a certain model magazine will send someone out to photograph the show.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HomerS said:

C1500 454SS - sealed inside.  swap meet find

Hardcastle & McCormick - open but complete.  Wasn't looking for this kit but caught my eye.  swap meet find

Force 440 - open, missing wheels/tires, but everything else is there.  Auction win

thumbnail (1).jpeg

thumbnail (3).jpeg

thumbnail (2).jpeg

Great finds  love the Force 440,had one built it as a teen and want to build another one sometime…