Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

In regard to the entertainment center in the El Camino. It was in the original 3n1 kit and the 1997 release. It's disgusting that scoundrels are re boxing new released parts in old boxes and passing them off as original. I saw this in the EBay listings for the AMT kits.

greg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, oldcarfan said:

This is one of the MSRC kits I really regret not getting back when they were easy to get.

As a kid in the 70's we had a 74 Squire in gold with the woodgrain and this kit although it's a 72 brings back memories,and i agree these kits can be really pricey now.I'm still hoping Missing Link will bring back their 74 GTO.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, atomicholiday said:

This bucket list kit arrived today.  Sealed bag inside, and the decals look like they were printed yesterday.👍

IMG_3661.jpeg.19b2fbb0f4230fe76c72264f14cafaa8.jpeg

Looks like it has a bit more detail than some of the other European/Japanese subjects that Monogram did at that time?

3 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Looks like it has a bit more detail than some of the other European/Japanese subjects that Monogram did at that time?

This kit was part of a second generation of exotic kits that Monogram released. I don't think it was part of the original line as those were curbsides. This is a really nice kit to build. I think I have one in the stash somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Amongst other stuff picked up recently:

IMG_9230.JPG.53f98236a794629f9bb426959ea30061.JPG

Bottom right wheels are 15" Gotti by Studio Rosso, a possibility for the Tamiya Nissan 240ZG I'm just about to start. The mesh wheels were another possibility, but not really the look I want to go for. Signs are for a diorama, one day....

The Datsun is something of a Holy Grail kit for me, as I had a 2-door 1200 just like that a few years ago and by harvesting some parts from a Hasegawa Datsun Sunny Truck I have in the stash I should be able to come up with a very close replica of my old 1:1.

IMG_9258.JPG.75a97c0f9b2412d40687531f033d84d4.JPG

Materials from a visit to the LHS I'm lucky to have in a nearby town. I want to up my game slightly on detailing and thought I'd try some different paints etc. Talking to the guys in the shop was really helpful, and admiring 1:25 car/truck builds that one of them had done and put on display. Don't get that from a big box store....

IMG_9224.JPG.3d709c0a7678d71e9515d44117a25582.JPG

Nova felt like something I should have in the stash, it's chassis looks like a useful swap into something else and I could still build the remains as a curbside display piece.

Edited by Spottedlaurel
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, oldcarfan said:

This kit was part of a second generation of exotic kits that Monogram released. I don't think it was part of the original line as those were curbsides. This is a really nice kit to build. I think I have one in the stash somewhere.

Yup.  I built the street version when I was a kid.  Not bad as I recall.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

IMG_9230.JPG.53f98236a794629f9bb426959ea30061.JPGBottom right wheels are 15" Gotti by Studio Rosso, a possibility for the Tamiya Nissan 240ZG I'm just about to start. The mesh wheels were another possibility, but not really the look I want to go for.

Really digging those Gotti wheels, and they would look great on a 240ZG.

Yesterday's delivery.. The Cavalier was a last minute bid/steal on an auction with low bids. The AOSHIMA kit was one I've had my eye on for quite some time from a Japanese eBay seller, I finally got up the nerve to make the leap from buying only from the 🇺🇸. I've got two more out of production AOSHIMA JDM kits coming soon.

20240109_094404.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

IMG_9230.JPG.53f98236a794629f9bb426959ea30061.JPG

Bottom right wheels are 15" Gotti by Studio Rosso, a possibility for the Tamiya Nissan 240ZG I'm just about to start. The mesh wheels were another possibility, but not really the look I want to go for. Signs are for a diorama, one day....

The Datsun is something of a Holy Grail kit for me, as I had a 2-door 1200 just like that a few years ago and by harvesting some parts from a Hasegawa Datsun Sunny Truck I have in the stash I should be able to come up with a very close replica of my old 1:1.

I got some Gotti's, now I need them in resin! LOL! And yes, the 1200 is killer! I passed on one back in the 80's because it wasn't a  510, and I regret it. The guy only wanted $75 for it! Just had a bad head gasket. 

image.png.8e09f633a06b76d0f0ed69be84af2c91.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, A modeler named mike said:

Yesterday's delivery.. The Cavalier was a last minute bid/steal on an auction with low bids. The AOSHIMA kit was one I've had my eye on for quite some time from a Japanese eBay seller, I finally got up the nerve to make the leap from buying only from the 🇺🇸. I've got two more out of production AOSHIMA JDM kits coming soon.

20240109_094404.jpg

I really dig that Celica. I wanted one of those 1:1 in the worst way. That, and the 80s Celica Supra and the Mitsubishi Starion...I could go on...

Got this 510 yesterday. One of my needful things cars. The body parts were badly painted but they're out of the pond and came out perfect. Kit is otherwise mint inside the box.

The other kits I just won early this morning. I had been watching these for a week or so and the seller finally sent an offer I couldn't refuse. What worked out to $16 each shipped was too good a deal for me to pass on. Seller stated that he didn't know if any were complete, but they look pretty close to me. Will inventory when they arrive. I realize they're not the most desirable but they are all early issues, 60's and 70s kits and this sure beats a trip to Ollies or Walmart to pick over the leavings.

510.jpg

fourby.jpg

• Like 3