Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Great Alfa kit

Good to hear a positive e Bay resolution story

Found some aftermarket on sale form HiroBoy in UK., couldn't find the decals, but I bet they are there somewhere

http://www.hiroboy.com/124_Alfa_Romeo_155_V6_TI_Detailup_Set_Tamiya_PEMetal_partsResin_PreOrder--product--9471.html

Thanks for the link.

I'm thinking about that set or going all out and getting the Studio 27 one, which is quite a bit more money, but has a lot more PE and some white metal as well.  I'm waiting to here back from Josh from Tamiya Canada to see if I can buy a set of replacement re-issue decals, and with the original set I'll have the Michelin decals to do the original release. But he was out of the office today and I'll have to wait till Monday to see if that's an option. 

Edited by Jhedir6

From Friday (1 delivered from Japan,1 for $7.99 at Ollies,the other from other places,but all came home Friday)...

68.jpg

69.jpg

I just bought the 2010/2013 Mustangs myself, in anticipation of Plamoz's up and coming TK for the 2013 Shelby GT 500. Although the Civic isn't my thing, its a cool kit none the less.

Edited by Jhedir6
fix my crappy spelling

Just received this in todays mail from good friend Robert Burns! I started building it around 1997 or so.

I traded it off back then for a pile of model parts but regretted it ever since. I tried getting it back when it was

sold to another modeler,but no luck. Robert ended up with it & gave it back to me. Looks like nothing has been done to it

since I built it!

I used 2 old MPC Dodge 4x4 pickups for the cab & bed. The top rear was made from a 1/24 Ramcharger 4x4 & some scratch building.

Rear fenders started as 96 Chevy dually. I rescribed them to look more like the Dodge body lines.

I do want to finish this one! Brad

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

Just received this in todays mail from good friend Robert Burns! I started building it around 1997 or so.

I traded it off back then for a pile of model parts but regretted it ever since. I tried getting it back when it was

sold to another modeler,but no luck. Robert ended up with it & gave it back to me. Looks like nothing has been done to it

since I built it!

I used 2 old MPC Dodge 4x4 pickups for the cab & bed. The top rear was made from a 1/24 Ramcharger 4x4 & some scratch building.

Rear fenders started as 96 Chevy dually. I rescribed them to look more like the Dodge body lines.

I do want to finish this one! Brad

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

This is probably one of the best looking truck custom jobs that ive seen!! I hope you start it up again -SOON!! very cool!!

Nie, in this thread, I have lost count of how many Tamiya 1/12 F-1 kits that you have bought. 6 ... 7 so far? LOL

5. 312T, M23, P34, RE20, and i just won a bid of 312 T/4 last night.:wub: still want more!! they are really great kits!

s-l1600%201.jpg

s-l1600_1.jpg

1%206.jpg

2%203.jpg

Got some fixers. The 300 have some tireburns,but easy fix,not painted either. The Riviera is suprisingly clean,even has the hood ornament and

nice wires intact. 

Another nice pair Tommy!

I think you already know how I feel about '66 Chrysler 300s! :D

Here's a little tidbit that might help when you get around to restoring it.

Chrysler had a thing with changing hub cap designs mid year all throughout the '60s.

The hub caps that came with the '66 kit are correct for late 1966 Chrysler 300s, & early 1967s.

In the same vain, the late '65 hubcaps were correct for early '66s.

So, if you need to find hubcaps, you have a few options.

If you happen to find a set of '65 caps, you're good.

Also, if you come across a set of Johan caps from a '67 kit, they're exact replicas of the ones in the '66 kit.

Steve

Wow, that is impressive stockpile

Wolf Wr1 is a great 1:12 kit if you don't have it all ready. Bruce is doing a build on it

thanks Scott. WR1 sure is another interesting kit, with a tamiya logo on the real car:wub:

besides, i really believe that every 1/12 big scale F1 model made by Tamiya is great:P

Today I was talking to one of my dads friends. telling him that I had taken up model building . he went and got a little box  and asked can you use these then . never thought I would be so happy to see Dentists tools . but they will be great  for scribing and all kind of modelling . and a good variety of Files in all shapes and sizes . . man this made my whole day   

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...