Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Winter is coming! 4 feet of snow at a time and 40 mph winds to blow it around.

Actually the last few winters in mid North Dakota,Fargo area haven't been too bad for snow..Cold maybe but its been fairly good..I live 230 miles north in Winnipeg and make many trips to that area in the winter..

Vince!

Let me know how that works out. I've been looking at that website for a couple days now.

sure buddy I saw it awhile ago and thought this color would work good on the bronco so I ordered it. Wasn't to bad it took about two weeks because they mix it and put it in the can as you order it so it doesn't sit around.

vince

I bought A Franklin Mint 1948 "Tin Goose" Tucker torpedo Came with it's foam container and box, No paper's But for $30.00 I ain't going to complain!

That gold Tucker is the 50th Anniversary Edition, released in 1998.  I think the first Tucker they did was the maroon prototype in 1993.  According to a die-cast website, the gold version was a limited edition of 15,000.  Which doesn't sound very "limited" to me, but I'm not a die-cast expert.

I did want one of those die-cast Tuckers for a long time, but didn't want to pay eBay prices.  At a flea market, I found a woman selling her late father's die-cast collection. She had 2 Tuckers reasonably priced, the gold one and another in Waltz Blue. I grabbed both of them. Neither one had the box, Styrofoam or paperwork, just the car (and the little tag hanging from the rear axle). 

Edited by Mike999
omission

sure buddy I saw it awhile ago and thought this color would work good on the bronco so I ordered it. Wasn't to bad it took about two weeks because they mix it and put it in the can as you order it so it doesn't sit around.

vince

Awesome... I was about to ask if anyone had used this stuff when I read your post. They have some colors I think I'd like to try on some upcoming builds.

Was at Hobby Lobby in Niagara Falls NY today, and looks like they have reset their kits. Picked up this for $17 and change with their 40% off coupon.

20170909_1654170_zpsd8rtsp5g.jpg

Now I have to decide if I want to spend the money on a Scale Motorsports Super Detail set for it. It's expensive but looks stellar.

Edited by Jhedir6

Now I have to decide if I want to spend the money on a Scale Motorsports Super Detail set for it. It's expensive but looks stellar.

I saw that set back in November before it was released, and it's a knockout. You won't be disappointed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, I've been filling in a few gaps in the stash with fodder for some long-planned projects. I snagged this little Falcon, mostly complete and unmolested (except

the taillights, and I already have spares of those).

s-l1600.jpg

This clean and complete Pinto came in about the same time.  AMT-1972-Ford-Pinto

And I bought a spare 1/12 Cord to do a presentation model of a possible 1:1 project.    

s-l1600.jpg

The 1/25 mockup below is an early study I did several years back, and the rendering with additional design work is by Spex84 (Chris Drysdale).

CordRod_V1small_zpstj4eh7ck.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Our annual swap meet/contest was today, so I was able to snatch one of my grail kits that I can now check off the list. Not at all a really unusual kit, just one that I'd been wanting for some time now. Built one (horror story), loved it, but all I have now are photos of it, so I'll do 'er up again.

09 09 17 015.jpg

Edited by Roadrunner

In other news, I've been filling in a few gaps in the stash with fodder for some long-planned projects. I snagged this little Falcon, mostly complete and unmolested (except

s-l1600.jpg

Love the Falcon!

Someday, when I finish all of the full sized cars I have in my stash, I'll need to branch out to a few compacts & this will be at the top of the list along with a few Comets, Corvairs, Tempests & maybe a Valiant or two. ^_^

Steve

I saw that set back in November before it was released, and it's a knockout. You won't be disappointed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

s-l1600.jpg

This clean and complete Pinto came in about the same time.  AMT-1972-Ford-Pinto

And I bought a spare 1/12 Cord to do a presentation model of a possible 1:1 project.    

s-l1600.jpg

The 1/25 mockup below is an early study I did several years back, and the rendering with additional design work is by Spex84 (Chris Drysdale).

CordRod_V1small_zpstj4eh7ck.jpg

Nice stuff Bill...!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...