Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

If you want to build those ex-Merit GP kits above: the Lago-Talbot and the Alfa-Romeo were released as a double kit by Atlantic, circa 2014.  They retailed for about $40, as I remember. Not cheap, but maybe cheaper and easier than tracking down originals.  After Merit released them in the Fifties, they were Unobtainium for many years. Eventually the Russian company SMER got the molds and re-issued them some years ago.   Online reviewers say they still look good, with minimum flash etc.  The worst thing about them is the clear plastic spoked wheels, but that can be fixed.

The box art looks like this. Notice the sign on the overhead bridge, behind the Lago-Talbot. Sneaky!  It used to say "Shell":

atl.jpg

Edited by Mike999
error

If you want to build those ex-Merit GP kits above: the Lago-Talbot and the Alfa-Romeo were released as a double kit by Atlantic, circa 2014.  They retailed for about $40, as I remember. Not cheap, but maybe cheaper and easier than tracking down originals.  After Merit released them in the Fifties, they were Unobtainium for many years. Eventually the Russian company SMER got the molds and re-issued them some years ago.   Online reviewers say they still look good, with minimum flash etc.  The worst thing about them is the clear plastic spoked wheels, but that can be fixed.

The box art looks like this. Notice the sign on the overhead bridge, behind the Lago-Talbot. Sneaky!  It used to say "Shell":

atl.jpg

you can usually find the smer versions on ebay uk for about $15 if its any help

you can usually find the smer versions on ebay uk for about $15 if its any help

Thanks, looking on U.S. eBay just now I saw them in the SMER box and also releases by Heller and other companies.  With a wide variety of prices.  I have the Atlantis double kit.

I put a typo in my post, the company name is AtlantiS (not Atlantic).  Stupid fingers!  According to the Atlantis website, they only issued 500 of the double kits world-wide.  I just saw one on eBay for $25, so they don't seem to be fetching outrageous prices.  Yet.

Thanks, looking on U.S. eBay just now I saw them in the SMER box and also releases by Heller and other companies.  With a wide variety of prices.  I have the Atlantis double kit.

I put a typo in my post, the company name is AtlantiS (not Atlantic).  Stupid fingers!  According to the Atlantis website, they only issued 500 of the double kits world-wide.  I just saw one on eBay for $25, so they don't seem to be fetching outrageous prices.  Yet.

The Heller Lago-Talbot kit is a different version of the car from the next year if I remember right. Like all race cars lots of detail changes from year to year if not from race to race depending how picky you want to get. Having had any luck finding the Atlantis double kit or replacements for the individuals ones that were stolen.

Thanks, looking on U.S. eBay just now I saw them in the SMER box and also releases by Heller...

The Heller Lago-Talbot kit is a different version of the car from the next year if I remember right. 

The Heller version is a completely different kit, no common tooling with the Atlantis / SMER / Merit kits.

From last weekend in Dallas. I had been putting aside money my wife didn't know I had in hopes of finding some nice stuff. The Initial D came from an Animefest vendor. I've shared them elsewhere, but they are just too cool! The rest were from Wild Bill's Hobby. If you're in the D/FW area, it's worth a stop! He also has a good selection of Pegasus wheel and tire sets. I got 8 sets of them! I missed out on the Ram 50 and the BMW the last time they were reissued. I have the Dakar version of the G-wagen, but I couldn't pass this one up.

modelsDallasID.PNG

modelsDallas.PNG

From last weekend in Dallas...I have the Dakar version of the G-wagen, but I couldn't pass this one up.

If you want to do something different with the G-wagen, see below: a German army ambulance.  The back door is different from both the Dakar and Feuerwehr kits; it has a single rear door, hinged on the left (driver) side, with a spare tire hanger. 

A guy at the IPMS-UK site built this one and the much bigger G-wagen high-roof ambulance. I'll post the link, but the pictures were removed by the Photobucket Curse.  The thread is from 2009:

http://ipmsuk.proboards.com/thread/5080/24-mercedes-wagons-die-bundeswehr

g-amb.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...