Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 5/1/2018 at 10:00 AM, SfanGoch said:

I picked up a built Johan '64 Coupe deVille hardtop on eBay for dirt cheap. The most important thing is that the tailfin tips are intact. I had to fabricate new tips for my '64 ragtop and it was a royal pain.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Yes I recently finished a '64 ragtop and one of the tailfin tips was busted. A fellow club member bailed me out and fixed it for me.

7 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Got these today some rare stuff and some scale finishes paint for funny cars.

20180502_201523.jpg

OMG...!!!  You got my # 1 grail/bucket list one the Un-Real Roller...!!!   I even you...LOL...been after it for way too long ...your lucky.  At this point id be happy with the box from one.

1 hour ago, disabled modeler said:

OMG...!!!  You got my # 1 grail/bucket list one the Un-Real Roller...!!!   I even you...LOL...been after it for way too long ...your lucky.  At this point id be happy with the box from one.

Thx Been looking for that kit along time !

3 hours ago, cobraman said:

Got this Cobra kit I found on eBay . I have never seen it boxed like this . It is pretty much just the regular Monogram kit but with this package I had to add it to my collection so I had to have it . 

D84D2943-7693-47DE-B568-F53973FC7433.jpeg

That's one I have not see myself Ray. Nice box art..

On 5/2/2018 at 11:19 PM, Mr mopar said:

Got these today some rare stuff and some scale finishes paint for funny cars.

20180502_201523.jpg

Now where did you find the Unreal Roller, I have one not in the box and had been started but glad I have it.  So tell us where got found it?

25 minutes ago, DumpyDan said:

Now where did you find the Unreal Roller, I have one not in the box and had been started but glad I have it.  So tell us where got found it?

A Friend had two of them a gave me this one !

Local toy show. Got a couple things but the only thing worth mentioning is a glue bomb Aurora (or maybe Monogram reissue) Ferrari GTO. Yah, I know it's not a very good kit, But I can prolly do something with it. Maybe a Ford or Chevy-powered "kit car clone" thingy. Had to buy it 'cause you just don't see them that often anymore. 

Saw a built JoHan late-'60s Cadillac of some sort. No wheels or tires but everything else seemed to be there and the paint looked strippable. I know some of y'all like these things so I was gonna grab it just for swap fodder, but the price put me off--didn't want to take a $28 chance on the thing. :blink:

Edited by Snake45

1 hour ago, Anglia105E said:

I placed an order for this kit on Ebay today...... it is the 1:24 SMER Talbot-Lago GP car from 1949, and I am aware of a Merit version as well as a Heller version.

The SMER kit is a re-popped Merit and they are the same, dating from the 1950s.  The Heller's a totally different (and much better) kit of a 1950 Talbot-Lago GP car.  I think it was first produced in the 1970s.  I once also got these kits confused on this forum and somebody corrected me.

3 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Local toy show. Got a couple things but the only thing worth mentioning is a glue bomb Aurora (or maybe Monogram reissue) Ferrari GTO. Yah, I know it's not a very good kit, But I can prolly do something with it. Maybe a Ford or Chevy-powered "kit car clone" thingy. Had to buy it 'cause you just don't see them that often anymore. 

There's a 1/1 conversion kit called Velorossa (and a similar one from Thunder Ranch) for the Datsun 240Z that dresses it up like a Ferrari GTO; maybe combine it with the Revell Z?

Thank you Michael, and I realise that the Heller version of the 1949 Talbot-Lago GP car is better than the Merit / SMER versions. I was pleasantly surprised to find there's a huge amount of research material on the Internet, so getting the build right should be really interesting. Of course, the SMER kit is very basic and produced in Czechoslovakia and again surprisingly is still listed on their website. I picked up this particular kit on Ebay for a very reasonable price and it is in as new condition, all sealed bags and no damage to the box. I am thinking the GP car will be a nice exhibit alongside the 1946-1953 Talbot Lago Record Cabriolet by Heller.

David

4 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

There's a 1/1 conversion kit called Velorossa (and a similar one from Thunder Ranch) for the Datsun 240Z that dresses it up like a Ferrari GTO; maybe combine it with the Revell Z?

Thanks for the idea, but I wasn't thinking to put that much time nor any more money into it. It seems to be molded in a metallic red plastic--would that make it Aurora or Monogram? All four wheels/tires are present but all four are unattached/broken off. Will have to sort THAT out. 

Might just take it apart, clean it up, polish up the pretty plastic, and put it on the shelf as a relic of a (much) earlier era in modeling. 

One of these days I'm gonna find some old kits at a yard sale or thrift store.  Picked up this at a sale this weekend.  It was a display case for golf balls.  My craft paint bottles fit perfectly on the top shelf.  The glass paints will go on the lower shelves.  A little bigger than 2x2.  2 bucks.  Told the lady she could keep the bag of golf balls...

cab.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...