Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

I suspect US vendors get very few of the Ebbro kits, and they sell out fast.  Never looked for them from US vendors, I always pre-order them from Hobby Link Japan. 

Well, that's weird.  One of the US vendors, where it had disappeared, is now showing it as In Stock.  I should start using Hobby Link Japan again, at least for the more exotic kits.  Used to order from them pretty often. 

Yeah, I use HLJ pretty much for all my import kit purchases...hard to beat their selection and convenience..and love the private warehouse feature for saving and grouping items together for shipments. 

Edited by Rob Hall

This is a new item from Micro-Mark to square up 90 and 45 cuts and I'm wondering how I ever did without it. just clamp rounds and flats in and use a file to square it off. This is the small which could handle most of the small tubes I use. There is a larger one also.

image.png.91d287e3c633d4ee2a1e36ec03d1cd20.png

On 3/1/2018 at 6:18 PM, Casey said:

Picked these up today. The 3 corvette kit is missing the 65 corvette coupe but I have one of those already. I have to stop buying as I have 100 kits in the basement to build. I should start learning to air brush. :-) 

new models1.jpeg

Edited by ewetwo
spelling

I have really been getting interested in wooden kits lately . Very different than plastic to be sure . I need to learn a lot but came across this kit and had to have it . Can I build it ? I don’t know but will have to get more experience before starting it. It’s a wooden Russian submarine from the early 1700 . Little more than a wooden cask for the most part . My research shows it was not very successful . Looks like a nice kit but again the instruction although better than the kit I am working on now there still is text I can not read . 

85993A07-4229-469B-BD0B-6EA2BFEC8729.jpeg

6F7DFBF6-E79A-4DBE-8241-93F714EA2691.jpeg

299F66BC-8437-4ABE-81B8-1C07FF2B684D.jpeg

Today I recieved the bad news that the model I bought online couldnt be sold as it was severly damaged luckily I was refunded and I got this one at the closest thing to a "hobby store" thats near me. And yes I was too anxious to wait to get home to open it so I did in the car

20180412_154118.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...