Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 10/19/2018 at 7:47 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

And every time I happen across one of these kits cheap, I snap it up; parts for a long line of old drag cars I've been working on intermittently.

Image result for Revell Tony Nancy double dragster Revell

I first got the reissue of this kit and the Double Dragster kit the same evening at a club meeting.  I got home, opened them up and nearly freaked!  You could build like a thousand variations between those two kits!   No wonder that was the heyday of modeling!

image.png.07e384fce8a1e132396ff94f63b70c66.png

Yippee!  I got my brass rod!   I'm in NJ at my daughter's new house this weekend. Stopped into "The Hobby Shop" in Aberdeen, NJ and they indeed had a K&S rack!  So I bought all the sizes of brass rod I could ever want!   I believe it's the #8160 I'll be using to make the Ford Model A radiator / hood supports.

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

I first got the reissue of this kit and the Double Dragster kit the same evening at a club meeting.  I got home, opened them up and nearly freaked!  You could build like a thousand variations between those two kits!   No wonder that was the heyday of modeling!

Yeah, both those kits are absolute vintage Parts Mines. :wub:

1 hour ago, 64SS350 said:

Visited a friend's shop Wednesday and brought home over 30 kits, misc. bodies, diorama items, and these...

IMG_20181021_075609066.jpg

1540124156124423330881.jpg

Oh my, all three of those builts look rescue-worthy and rescue-ready. I could have them cleaned up and back on the shelf in just a couple weeks, at most. 

Great wheel and tire sets, too. :wub:

Congratulations on some GREAT scores! If you couldn't hit the lottery this weekend, this would be almost the next best thing! B)

15 hours ago, BKF said:

Picked up the Revell '67 Plymouth GTX at HL. The Greased lightning 1948 Ford convertible also showed up. I'll get that next go around.

Same here in Upstate SC. Both of those kits just showed up.  I have a new HL very close to me and check it just about every week.  This store also finally got the Revell '85 Olds 442/FE-3X.  A HL about 25 miles away has had that kit for a long time but not my local store. The store only had 1 of those left on the shelf, so they must be selling well.

3 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Oh my, all three of those builts look rescue-worthy and rescue-ready. I could have them cleaned up and back on the shelf in just a couple weeks, at most. 

Great wheel and tire sets, too. :wub:

Congratulations on some GREAT scores! If you couldn't hit the lottery this weekend, this would be almost the next best thing! B)

I contacted him to look for the chassis to the Barracuda. Loved touring his resin shop.

The wheel sets came from another guy near him. Makes some nice sets, many varieties.

I just won this off e-bay. I have been bidding on them and losing for a couple years. This one popped up and was stuck at 36.00 for a couple days, so I dove in. It shot up in the last 5 minutes. But is is a great stock build so I went for it. One of the few left on the bucket list. It will go straight in the display case.

32ford-vi.jpg

A2FBCFF6-58C3-4987-B15E-C24AAD729EAB.thumb.jpeg.79fd84f9806c24bdda94034c59c3857c.jpeg

Today I got this very nice Monogram Datsun pickup. I spotted it at a local club meeting and had to have it. The Miller decals caught my eye first. The box is nice, but inside everything is great. No yellowed decals, they look new. And the plastic is a crisp white still. 

1 hour ago, Rusty92 said:

A2FBCFF6-58C3-4987-B15E-C24AAD729EAB.thumb.jpeg.79fd84f9806c24bdda94034c59c3857c.jpeg

Today I got this very nice Monogram Datsun pickup. I spotted it at a local club meeting and had to have it. The Miller decals caught my eye first. The box is nice, but inside everything is great. No yellowed decals, they look new. And the plastic is a crisp white still. 

I've always wanted one of those, seem to go for too much on eBay.

Bought an assembled Tamiya 356 Porsche, quite nicely built, actually exceptionally clean, just a few parts coming loose...for restoration.

When it arrived, somebody had "repaired" the loose parts by squeezing half a tube of Testors kiddie gloo all over everything. Ruined the wheels, windshield frame and glass, several other parts, huge gloo lines between the rockers and floorpan, all over the muffler and bumper bracket ends, and glooy smears etched into the previously-acceptable paint.

People who have no clue as to what they're doing really ought to notice they CAN'T do something BEFORE they ruin ALL OF IT.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...