Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

it just reminds us daily that "common sense" is not common.   :(

and that product packages have to be large enough to have all the required warnings printed on them so the manufacturer can't be sued when their product gets used incorrectly.

I mean, why would Apple need to put "do not swallow iPod" on the consumer documentation?  :blink:

So I spotted a post in the Trading Post section and saw some kits I would like to have. I sent a PM to the member and inquired as to what it would take to complete a trade for a specific kit as I had one of his "wants" and didn't know if that was enough to satisfy him and asked what else he was needing. All I got was "more than that" with no specifics and find out a day later the kit I wanted was gone.

I understand that in the world of trading, we want to get fair value but at least give an interested party an idea of what you are looking for and an opportunity to respond. 

In the grand scheme of things, my life will go on but I try to be a little more upfront and clear in my dealings and hope that others would be too.

I mean, why would Apple need to put "do not swallow iPod" on the consumer documentation?  :blink:

Well...it like...ummmm...has a picture of an apple on it...and like...well...it might be an apple you could eat, right?

And then there's the mystery of just exactly WHAT Chicken of the Sea is all about...   Image result for chicken of the sea tuna

Here's a switch.

My OWN stupidity and failure to pay attention over the past couple of days. Mind elsewhere, no smartphones to use as an excuse. 

Really NO excuse at all. Just a big ol' case of "duh".  :blink:

Image result for duh

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

You must admit, she looked "fine" when she was washin' The General Lee .... Nobody cared about Chicken or Tuna

I guess I'm just one of those old fashioned, boring guys who expects a woman, any woman, to at least know the difference between chicken and fish.

Image result for chicken                   Image result for fish   Hmmmm. I guess it IS kinda hard to tell 'em apart.

I wonder how she does with other kinds of protein on-the-hoof.   Image result for jackalope  :D

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I hate when folks insist on going through the "fast" checkout line at the store with way more items than what's posted on the sign right above their heads. The sign said 15 items or less-------this gal had a WHOLE CARTLOAD of stuff! :angry:

She knew that she was doing wrong as she had that "look" as everyone was none too pleased, yet the cashier no doubt with "the customer's always right" attitude daren't say a word. 

Then they wonder why someone in line having a bad day simply snaps out and starts knockin' folks out. 

I hate when folks insist on going through the "fast" checkout line at the store with way more items than what's posted on the sign right above their heads. The sign said 15 items or less-------this gal had a WHOLE CARTLOAD of stuff! :angry:

She knew that she was doing wrong as she had that "look" as everyone was none too pleased, yet the cashier no doubt with "the customer's always right" attitude daren't say a word. 

Then they wonder why someone in line having a bad day simply snaps out and starts knockin' folks out. 

A few years ago, one guy was in the "15 items or less" line with a cart full of one-gallon jugs of water.  His logic was, "it's only one item, she only has to scan one of them and count the ones in the cart".  I always thought it was the number of individual items, but hey, maybe that's just me.  I look for the shortest line anyway, regardless of whether it's fifteen items, seven items, whatever.

Another time, I had two or three items that I was carrying.  In one line was an unattended cart with a couple of items in it.  The person in front of it was paying the cashier; that other cart wasn't hers.  I yanked the cart out of the way, and set my stuff on the conveyor.  Right then, this guy walks up with an armload of stuff yelling that he was in line ahead of me.  My reply was, "you weren't in line, you left a cart in the line and went off to do your shopping..."

Usually, I'm the one in line behind someone with three maxed-out credit cards that can't pay for all of the stuff they want, or are trying to use a benefits card to buy stuff that isn't allowed.

One time I was in the supermarket with a cart load of groceries. There were long lines but the "15 items or less" checkout had nobody in it.  A store manager directed me to that checkout and walked away.  As I was halfway loaded onto the conveyor, a lady walked up behind me with a few items and started screaming at me!  

I used to turn to anyone behind me when that kinda think happenes and say rather loadly, Hey Cut Him/Her some slack, probably went to public school and can't count. There are still one or two folks out there that can still become embarrased.

I hate when folks insist on going through the "fast" checkout line at the store with way more items than what's posted on the sign right above their heads. The sign said 15 items or less . . .

Speaking of that, I had a double-take yesterday while at a local supermarket.  The sign stated: 15 ITEMS OR FEWER!  After all these years someone finally used the proper grammar!

Edited by peteski

Latest business scam from the little pieces of walking excrement who'd rather lie and steal than work...

Sending out fake past-due invoices to email accounts they think are associated with business names they pull from Linkdin, and using phony contact names also pulled from the same source...obviously in the hopes that a busy small business owner, manager or geezer will knee-jerk pay something marked "urgent: past due". I just got a bill for $1600 and change from a non-existent company in Michigan. 

Morons.

Latest business scam from the little pieces of walking excrement who'd rather lie and steal than work...

Sending out fake past-due invoices to email accounts they think are associated with business names they pull from Linkdin, and using phony contact names also pulled from the same source...obviously in the hopes that a busy small business owner, manager or geezer will knee-jerk pay something marked "urgent: past due". I just got a bill for $1600 and change from a non-existent company in Michigan. 

Morons.

When my father died in 1999,  shortly thereafter  I got a number of past due bills from medical sounding companies.  He had been sick a while and I was handling his business, so I knew all his doctors, lab companies etc that we regularly dealt with. I sent each of them a reply via mail, official looking from the estate, asking for an itemized bill with original receipts.  Never heard back from one of them.

Got me thinking about how many distraught families just paid the bills.  Scum buckets preying on the obits!

Morons.

The New York State Department of Taxation was doing that in the early Nineties.  They'd send out thousands of "notices of sales tax delinquency" on a regular basis, hoping to rope in businesses that didn't keep copies of their returns (which, of course, you should do anyway).  When I had my business, I got those several quarters in a row.  I'd have to spend time and money getting copies of returns and bank statements (to show that they cashed the checks prior to the due date, which was the case every time), then spend more money on registered/return receipt mail (which absolutely NOBODY there signed for, ever).  For a while, I tried to have some fun with it, pasting together my own official-looking "Notice of Receipt of Bull---- Delinquency Notice" to use for the reply, things like that.  After a while I got my local State legislator involved, and they gave up trying to collect from me.  I guess other people were writing them nasty notes in reply to their notices...they eventually passed a law against writing remarks on the tax forms or the checks used to pay taxes.  Talk about thin-skinned...

People who come up to the house ringing the door bell trying to sell me something when I have a nice plaque stating "Please no Solicitors ". Maybe I need a larger sign ????

I bought signs and put them up earlier this summer.  Nobody has rung the bell since then, but I'm waiting for someone to say "but this is important" when I ask them to read the sign.

Most municipalities actually have an ordinance on the books prohibiting anyone from ringing the bell or knocking on the door when such a sign is posted. They cannot enforce an across-the-board ban; those have been fought and defeated because they curtail free speech.  But the court decisions that stopped the across-the-board actions have allowed for individual households or complexes to "ban" solicitors.  They are obligated to move on when "no soliciting" signs are posted.

I bought signs and put them up earlier this summer.  Nobody has rung the bell since then, but I'm waiting for someone to say "but this is important" when I ask them to read the sign.

Most municipalities actually have an ordinance on the books prohibiting anyone from ringing the bell or knocking on the door when such a sign is posted. They cannot enforce an across-the-board ban; those have been fought and defeated because they curtail free speech.  But the court decisions that stopped the across-the-board actions have allowed for individual households or complexes to "ban" solicitors.  They are obligated to move on when "no soliciting" signs are posted.

We put up a No Solicitors sign last summer and it seems to work pretty good.

People who come up to the house ringing the door bell trying to sell me something when I have a nice plaque stating "Please no Solicitors ". Maybe I need a larger sign ????

maybe they don't know what a solicitor is...

do you also have the sign posted in spanish?

Woman at the post office holding up the line hitting on a guy who was not interested. Could she not write he a not or phone number. The old guy did everything except file a stalking charge..No fun standing in the crowded post office line...

Carl buddy...I understand that well...I have little tolerance for people that have no respect for others.