Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

1 hour ago, Modeltruckbuilder said:

In the case of this particular individual he does it way too often. I'm beginning to think he's just looking for attention, and he just so happens to have too many "bleeding hearts" kissing his rump. 

Hmmm, I had a reply but deleted it.

I'm stepping away from the keyboard now.

7 hours ago, blunc said:

I have no idea who was irking whom, and I don't feel it's worth getting bent.

I find it really easy to just walk away and do something that I do care about.  :)

Play nice together or we won't get to play at all.

Well, we can still play , it will just be with ourselves...........wait, wut,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by martinfan5

8 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

I found a great solution for members who I don't care about. The ignore user feature. Don't have to be bothered trying to avoid their posts which have no value and are just clutter!

Big agree to this. One of the better features on the board IMO. Add someone to the ignore list and you will no longer see any posts or replies from that person. You won't even see their avatar pic. I have a few on my ignore list for various reasons. At least two of whom managed to get themselves booted from the board entirely anyway, so it wasn't just me that they irritated.

35 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Be nice kids,  Santa Claus is watching!  :o

Um, who said we werent being nice?,   I have no issues with Anthony , I , unlike many here, I have a sense humor, and do not have a stick stuck in my rectum and can take someone poking some fun at me.

Edited by martinfan5

Our services went out on Tuesday night. Lost cable, internet, and phone due to a system failure by our provider. Knocked out half our town. 

Didn't bother me, as I just went and read my book. But based on the reactions of the rest of the household, you'd think the apocalypse had begun. It would have been funny had I not been held responsible for everything, and getting everything back up and running ASAP. 

Umm...the whole Shaw system is down, it's not an issue with our stuff.

"Well fix it!"

Good grief.

13 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Our services went out on Tuesday night. Lost cable, internet, and phone due to a system failure by our provider. Knocked out half our town. 

Didn't bother me, as I just went and read my book. But based on the reactions of the rest of the household, you'd think the apocalypse had begun. It would have been funny had I not been held responsible for everything, and getting everything back up and running ASAP. 

Tuesday night I went out to dinner, came home and the power went out.  Right after I pulled in the garage and shut the garage door.  Total darkness.  And my cell phone battery was low.    Good thing I have flashlights throughout the house, plugged in the outlets and charging.    The power was off for 3 hours.  I just laid on the sofa and read a book on my iPad (no internet connection, but it was fully charged).   It got down to about 65 in the house, I have a fireplace, but don't have any wood for it.  Need to get some of those bagged pseudo wood thingys like I used in my fireplace in AZ. 

Edited by Rob Hall

5 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

It also irks me that as I type this, we have 301 pages of annoyances and only 135 pages on positive stuff.

Well, there are people who like to complain about everything. And there are people who take the good with the bad. As I get older I try not to complain, mostly because I'm tired of hearing myself complain. As long as the good out weights the bad, things are great.