Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

12 hours ago, The Junkman said:

Rotten day for a drive (well, rainy which passes for rotten in Calif 🙂) but the wife was getting cabin fever.  In Napa Valley (Calistoga) a Maserati GranTurismo coupe with a strong sounding engine and a very clean black Buick Grand National.  On the way out of Napa in the Carneros area (awesome Pinot Noir) I passed a ranch and saw a parked- and half covered with a tarp- dark orange Bricklin.  Haven't seen one in probably 25 years

Our favorite stops are Sattui and Frog Leap and just about anything from Rutheford and the Silverado Trail areas. 

11 hours ago, espo said:

Our favorite stops are Sattui and Frog Leap and just about anything from Rutheford and the Silverado Trail areas. 

We live just over the hill from Anderson Valley, where a BUNCH of Napa Wineries have set up shop.  They haven't started the $50-$75 tasting fees there-yet.  Didn't used to be any 😪

16 hours ago, The Junkman said:

We live just over the hill from Anderson Valley, where a BUNCH of Napa Wineries have set up shop.  They haven't started the $50-$75 tasting fees there-yet.  Didn't used to be any 😪

I lived on the Montrey Peninsula until I married my wife and moved to Sacramento. Easy to spend a day tasting and be home that night. At that time tasting was free and you would often get to talk to the Wine Maker or someone close on staff and they would give a lot of insight on the current ventage. This would often determine what and how much we would buy at the time. We have been back for the Harvest Ball at Sattui Winery but left the area in '96 and when we last visited in 2005 things had gotten so overgrown with tourists it's just not the same anymore. 

1 hour ago, espo said:

when we last visited in 2005 things had gotten so overgrown with tourists it's just not the same anymore. 

Funny how the diesel fumes from idling busses effect the bouquet of a fine Cabernet.  And the experience of tourists 2-3 deep at the tasting bar.  Kind of the reason we stopped going to Napa better than 25 years ago.

• Like 1

We live in a small semi-rural central Texas town and there's this one guy. I don't know who he is, but he has the most amazing cars! I've seen him in an Aston Martin, two or three Porsches and I think a couple of other things.

aaaaGreenMerc.jpg

• Like 1

Had some visitors at work yesterday.

We've been talking quite a bit with the team from Arctic Trucks over the past month or so. 

So they called last week and asked if the Transglobal Car Expedition team could swing by. That way we can have a look at the Arctic Trucks in person.

And that's what they did.

Brought by three of their AT44 6X6 trucks, a handful of their Expedition Timberlines with AT35 package.

If successful, this will be the very first expedition that has driven to both the north pole and south pole in the same trip.

Very cool stuff.

And if you're curious:

transglobalcar.com

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Had some visitors at work yesterday.

We've been talking quite a bit with the team from Arctic Trucks over the past month or so.

transglobalcar.com

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Those are soooo cool!