[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators.Β 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Loadstar Brush Truck

Your work is impeccable, so clean and detailed it's a pleasure to follow along watching them develop. I run into the same issue getting tubing and stock to look proper, sometime I just lucky guess
  3. Anyone make a resin 1 ton dump bed

Good point on making straight cuts, that would help in keeping it square! If I can't get a resin bed it would be very satisfying to scratch build a bed...as long as it looked decent!!!!
  4. KW aerodyne wrecker - decal time !!!

Tiny update for tonite..my first custom visor ! Thin metal sheet from k& s about thickness of soda can..it's extremely sharp Everything else is wrapping up but been tough stealing productive bench time lol I'll probably add the Texas bumper before long, once i practice technique on scrap, and all the finish touches . Stay tuned
  5. Highway thru Hell

No, they have only through Season 5 as of right now. I have been checking quite regularly for the season 6 episodes. As I had said earlier, THE WEATHER CHANNEL WILL BE AIRING SEASON 6 EP 1 AT 9PM EST THIS SUNDAY FEBRUARY 25TH!!!
  6. Anyone make a resin 1 ton dump bed

If you don't have a good razor saw and miter box to make square cuts, that will cause your project to not be square. Some people have created a jig out of small pieces of wood and used it to keep a project square during construction. Like you, scratch building something like that is somewhat intimidating but I am willing to give it a try. I like to use some thin cardboard to get a feel for what it would look like before cutting up a pile of plastic. With that said, Jeff's bed sounds reasonably priced and a whole lot easier!
  7. What would YOU like to see as a model

All I can say is WHAA??? You're kidding right?
  8. Loadstar Brush Truck

Nice work
  9. School Bus Anyone??

Yes, thanks. That is where I got the idea. I still think these are 1/32 or some odd ball in-between, not 1/25 like he said. But, to make a older smaller bus, they work great.
  10. Gravity Colors...anybody bought from them lately?

I’ve been trying to get my first (and last) order with this company squared away since December. Judging from this and other forums, I’m not alone in my frustration. How do they expect to stay in business with this absolutely horrible customer service ? I don’t care how good their paint maybe, save yourself a ton of aggravation and look elsewhere for you painting needs.
  11. 1958 edsel pacer custom

Nice progress, looks great so far. Best wishes for your Dad's surgery- hope everything works out ok. David G.
  12. Anyone make a resin 1 ton dump bed

That would make a realistic and solid dump bed, could bend up the metal so it looked liked a well used bed. I think that is way beyond my skill level!! I'm amazed at the work people on this forum do in brass!!
  13. A fun project- Mix and Match 2 69 Camaros

Nice work so far and great choice on the colors, would have been easier to go with orange, red or blue but these will stand out being green! This model is my favorite too as I have built close to 12 of them, some snappers, some glue, but something about that body style has me hooked!
  14. 1958 edsel pacer custom

Very Cool..... That is one heck of a rear bumper!
  15. Loadstar Brush Truck

Another awesome build Charles. Thanks for sharing it and showing us whay can be done when no kit exists!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
  16. 1953 Hudson Hornet Lowrider

Thanks guys. Paint is the purple and white from the Testors One Coat line. I should have used more than one coat of the white on the roof- I got some ghosting... And Dave, yeah- the foil work is the one thing I don't like about these- particularly the window surrounds. But it's a necessary evil.
  17. Dodge Magnum parts

Bump
  18. #11 Darrell Waltrip '84 Monte Carlo WIP

looking great
  19. PLEASE HELP ON DRAG T PARTS

I just missed the parts on e-bay thanks for your help. I have the last issue of the Big-T and I found out that it has the turtle deck so I am good there. I do need a floor pan or a pattern. I also need the roll bar kit new or used and I need the blower kit new or used. I don't car if the chrome is good or not but would like to have good restorable parts. Thanks for any help you can offer,Elvin
  20. 1977 pontiac lemans or Can Am body

Sounds cool here is a couple more Century race cars
  21. 1967 Pontiac Bonneville

Simply stunning. That first pic is easily a real or model pic.
  22. Today
  23. 1/8th Scale Big-T Turtle Deck

Thanks Guys I missed it.
  24. 1965 Linoln Continental

That is gorgeous!
  25. #11 Darrell Waltrip '84 Monte Carlo WIP

I went back and forth with myself on whether to do clear then decals or decals then clear. I understand that decals over clear is probably a little more authentic but after looking at a couple of 30+ year old builds at NNL West this month with cracking, separating, and flaking decals, I decided to bury these suckers in clear. I'd rather it hold itself together and look good for many years to come. So with that being said, I got started today.
  26. This build is AWESOME! I love it! and Im not even a Ford guy..LOL...Im going to have to get this kit.
  27. Ferrari fxx-k

It's not to bad. Builds very well. Doors are tricky
  1. Load more activity