Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 NASH - Class of '50 - Graduate # 2

Ramfins59

After almost a year of not building or finishing any models, today I FINALLY finished one...!!!

This is a resin 1950 Nash kit that I got from Modelhaus before they closed up shop.  It is a Curbside kit, therefore no engine or chassis detail.  I painted it "plain Jane Gray" (primer) with a clearcoat.

The interior is also Gray with a flat black floor and side panels detailed with BMF and Molotow pens.  I added gas, brake and clutch pedals because there were none.  The dash is also Gray with BMF trim and Molotow pens.  I added a gauge face to the steering wheel gauge pod and also the clock face.   The clock also has a PE ring for a bezel, and the gauge pod and clock both have a drop of clear epoxy for lenses.  I also added interior visors (from sheet plastic) along with an interior mirror and dome light.  The exterior mirror and antenna are from my parts stash.

Thanks for looking in on this, and, as always, any and all comments are welcomed.

HPIM5308.JPG

HPIM5310.JPG

HPIM5309.JPG

Nice clean work!!!!! LOVE IT! My only real Modelhaus regret.......never got one.

Dad would tell a story how in high school the basketball team would have to get themselves to away games. One of the team members Dad was the local Nash Hudson dealer. He had a loaner 'bath tub' he'd allow them to take to away games. They could fit the whole team in the old Nash!!