Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Ford Galaxie XL, 427 R Code.

StevenGuthmiller

Very nice build Steve! I’m glad to see you finally completed it. I hope my 65 comes out as half as nice as yours. I really appreciate your help on the Duplicolor problem I encountered. 

Just a note to anyone who didn’t follow this 67 build. Go back and read the workbench posts on this. The work that went into this build is amazing. 

46 minutes ago, gtx6970 said:

Personally the body style does nothing for me, BUT WOW this looks amazing

Really?

I've always thought that the '61 Starliner and the '67 Galaxie were the best looking of all of the 60s full sized Fords.

But, I suppose that we all have different tastes. ;)

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

3 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Really?

I've always thought that the '61 Starliner and the '67 Galaxie were the best looking of all of the 60s full sized Fords.

But, I suppose that we all have different tastes. ;)

Steve

I''ll agree with the 61 . but the 66- and later Fords never did much for me,,,( just my 2 cents,,,,. )

My personal favorite is the 63 or 64 Galaxies

This is a beautiful rendition of a '67 Ford! So well executed in every aspect, and none of it overdone.

It seems each year model thru the sixties had its own unique look, and I like them all from 1960 up to 1970. And, I'm a MOPAR guy!

On 3/10/2019 at 2:33 PM, tmb727 said:

Sweet looking build.  Clean and nicely detailed.

Interesting how both Ford and Chevy went to that "fast back" look for '67.  Looks like the Galaxie and Impala even had the same sharp crease along the top of the rear fender line.  Gotta wonder if some of the Ford and Chevy designers were golfing buds or something...

I think they may have been peeking behind the curtains when Dodge created the 1966 Charger.

1 hour ago, gtx6970 said:

I''ll agree with the 61 . but the 66- and later Fords never did much for me,,,( just my 2 cents,,,,. )

My personal favorite is the 63 or 64 Galaxies

I liked the '63 and '64 as well, but the '67 just looked "right" to me for the period.

The obligatory Coke bottle silhouette, the sweeping fast back roof line, The tail lights, (which were finally a marked improvement over the ugly '65 and '66 tail lights) and I'm just a total sucker for the stacked headlight treatment!

Possibly one of my favorite facades of every vehicle from the 60s!

If I had to pick my least Favorite 60s Fords, they would probably be the somewhat dumpy looking '62 and the just plain ugly "box on a box" '65!

Steve