Model Cars Magazine Forum
Johnt671

404 Error back again?

I'm trying to post a picture in the What Did You Get Today section but I keep getting the 404 message.

It never actually went away. We are hoping that the software upgrade fixes it. Dave just has to free up the time to try it again, it didn't take on the first try.

12 hours ago, Xingu said:

It never actually went away. We are hoping that the software upgrade fixes it. Dave just has to free up the time to try it again, it didn't take on the first try.

Thanks for the fast reply. i'll keep trying.

I'v been having trouble with this error since Friday Morning. Does anybody have any work-around tips?

David G.

As weird as it sounds, it might be combination of words or letters in the text of your post.  At least that is what I found out when I had this problem.

That's interesting. Hard to imagine but interesting. 

I'll try a test.

Thanks for the reply.

David G.

Weird!

I could have sworn that in my last reply I posted a link to my other post which proves that certain word combinations cause the 404 error, but the link is not there!

Anyway, if you want to learn more about the weird 404 error behavior, read the post linked to below and several following posts.

I got it tonight, and split the exact same post into two parts and it worked 🤷‍♂️😂

Posted (edited)

Started getting ERROR 404 yesterday replying to Under Glass post. Both Microsoft laptops affected but not iPhone. Let's see if this post works.

This obviously worked. Weird !! ??

Tried doing the Under Glass post again. The previous unsent reply was no longer there so things were longing good but got 404 ERROR again

Edited by Phildaupho