Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Dodge D100 Pickup Pro Street

2 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

I first saw these on my phone. There was no justice, in that! Very fine work, my friend! The grille looks fantastic!

Thanks Daniel, my part box is almost empty... I should be able to finish assembling this thing soon, I hope it will be done without major problems... 😁

Francis

8 hours ago, Bainford said:

It's great watching all of these small, intricate bits come together into one amazing assembly. Looking good, Francis.

Thank you very much Trevor!  I'm having a little trouble finding time to complete it but considering the work done so far, I consider the project to be nearing completion.

I still have some small details that I hope you will like! 😁

Francis

22 hours ago, cobraman said:

I'm going to love seeing it finished but it will be a little sad at the same time. What's the next project may I ask if you know ?

Thanks Ray,  It's going to feel strange to not have to update this thread anymore but all good things come to an end (I hope this qualifier applies...)!

As for the next project, you saw with the pickup, I don't tend to take it easy and I intend to go back to my roots.  I have an original '71 Dodge Demon body that is damaged by glue, the rear is unusable among other so I would like to save it and improve it at the same time, it is a rather rare model (I also have a brand new sealed MPC kit but it is too valuable).  I'd be tempted to convert it for a '72 and make it a Pro Stock or other kind of drag car, it's just a project in my head right now.

I hope you'll be along for the ride if I take action, it's not a Cobra but I guess you'll forgive me! 😉

Francis

On 5/8/2022 at 11:18 AM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

A glimpse of the front assembly, it looks promising so far! 😊710_Front_Panel_Ass_1.JPG.7477a989fb90a0dfbc8c6377ef0b5afb.JPG

Now THAT has got to be the understatement of the year! 🤪 Your attention to detail is unsurpassed. Every update just blows me away. Thanks again Francis!👍

A build such as this requires such dedication and planning let alone actually making it that I can't begin to describe it.  I can only imagine how pleased YOU are right now Francis.  It was all worth it.   Cheers, tim

On 5/11/2022 at 7:52 AM, NOBLNG said:

Now THAT has got to be the understatement of the year! 🤪 Your attention to detail is unsurpassed. Every update just blows me away. Thanks again Francis!👍

Thank you for your vote of confidence Greg!  I'm used to being cautious and not claiming victory until I've crossed the finish line.  Without being superstitious, it's not over until it's over... 😉

Francis

On 5/12/2022 at 6:28 PM, Scott Colmer said:

Amazing, Francis. I can really appreciate how care you are with assembling at those parts. Super clean. Not easy to make it all go together like that. 

Scott

Thanks Scott!  Nothing is more frustrating than ruining a beautiful, well-crafted piece with too much glue in the final assembly. That's why most of the parts I make are assembled with aluminum or brass pins, you can never be too careful !   I am not teaching you anything because I know you know the technique my friend!!!

Francis 

On 5/14/2022 at 5:42 AM, Codi said:

A build such as this requires such dedication and planning let alone actually making it that I can't begin to describe it.  I can only imagine how pleased YOU are right now Francis.  It was all worth it.   Cheers, tim

Thanks Tim,  I have to admit that I'm very happy with the project so far, I'm just struggling to find the time to finish it before summer sets in for good and I'm buried in the outside work attached to it.  On the planning and dedication side, I think you know a thing or two about it, inspiration for all !!! 😁

Francis

4 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Thanks Scott!  Nothing is more frustrating than ruining a beautiful, well-crafted piece with too much glue in the final assembly. That's why most of the parts I make are assembled with aluminum or brass pins, you can never be too careful !   I am not teaching you anything because I know you know the technique my friend!!!

Francis 

I humbly disagree, Francis.   I just finished a project that was a struggle. I learned a lot, but still...

This is a master class in final assembly. The planning shows in the results. Thanks for sharing all your techniques. I'm taking notes.

Scott

On 5/15/2022 at 3:39 PM, Scott Colmer said:

I humbly disagree, Francis.   I just finished a project that was a struggle. I learned a lot, but still...

This is a master class in final assembly. The planning shows in the results. Thanks for sharing all your techniques. I'm taking notes.

Scott

Did I miss another one of your WIPs Scott?  I know your super detailed Peterbuilt project hasn't been updated since May 2021, but maybe you were working on another project I didn't know about or you completed the FXI Hot Rod Peterbuilt project without updating the thread?

7 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Did I miss another one of your WIPs Scott?  I know your super detailed Peterbuilt project hasn't been updated since May 2021, but maybe you were working on another project I didn't know about or you completed the FXI Hot Rod Peterbuilt project without updating the thread?

The Peterbuilt will be back on the bench in June. It might be time subscribe to the magazine, Francis. My latest build is in there. The magazine really turned a corner. (shameless plug)

I see you are in Canada, so getting an electronic version might be best for you. Canadian postal has been a problem for a lot of the Northern subscribers.

Time to get this thread back to your killer truck! I'll be watching. 

Scott

Hi Francis. The grille and headlights are perfect.  I agree with every one else about this thread. It has been truly amazing and I will miss the updates. But I am also happy for you that it is coming together perfectly. Let us all know where you will be showing this project.  I for one will try to go see it.

Thanks again for following along on my thread. It has meant a lot to me that you have shown so much interest in my project.

Anxious to see your next project (next fall I assume). 

15 hours ago, Scott Colmer said:

The Peterbuilt will be back on the bench in June. It might be time subscribe to the magazine, Francis. My latest build is in there. The magazine really turned a corner. (shameless plug)

I see you are in Canada, so getting an electronic version might be best for you. Canadian postal has been a problem for a lot of the Northern subscribers.

Time to get this thread back to your killer truck! I'll be watching. 

Scott

Thanks for the information Scott, I'm glad to know that your Peterbilt project will be back on track soon.

As far as the magazine goes, I'm at the age where the good old paper version is still appealing, even though I've been a computer guy since day one.  We live almost at opposite ends of North America and as you point out, the post office and its exorbitant rates are often a hindrance to ordering because it often costs more than the product purchased...

I managed to work a little on the truck and I'll post some pictures later, the last miles are very long to cross...  Sorry to keep the suspense going but I can see the finish line! 😁

Francis

4 hours ago, Butter 1 said:

Hi Francis. The grille and headlights are perfect.  I agree with every one else about this thread. It has been truly amazing and I will miss the updates. But I am also happy for you that it is coming together perfectly. Let us all know where you will be showing this project.  I for one will try to go see it.

Thanks again for following along on my thread. It has meant a lot to me that you have shown so much interest in my project.

Anxious to see your next project (next fall I assume). 

Thanks Ron, you don't need to thank me, your project is a good one and you have shown us your talent and perseverance.  There are not many model cars on the site with functional hood hinges and it's partly thanks to you that I'm doing the same for mine.

Summer is not the best time for model building but it is possible that a few rainy or hot and humid days will bring me back to the bench.  However, next fall and winter should mark the beginning of my new adventure... if the Styrene gods agree! 😉

Francis

On 5/18/2022 at 1:57 PM, mustang1989 said:

Kickin' A and takin' names I see Frances. spacer.png

Gorgeous work pal.

Hi partner, I'm glad you still like my project, I had to take a break yesterday for the funeral of one of my uncles and I hope to come back soon with some pictures of my latest progress.

I can now think about my next project without getting too distracted and lost from the pickup... It's been too long since I've started anything new, I feel a bit lost by the embarrassment of choice, everything about drag racing interests me but my speed of execution doesn't do it justice... 🙄

Francis

Francis, so sorry for your loss. For whatever it's worth, most of us do this hobby for fun or relaxation. Others do it to a higher level to challenge themselves or for competitions. But the rare few such as yourself take it to an artform. Those creations that take you so long to make are, for me at least, on par with any other form of exquisite art that inspires me and motivates me. Even if all you made were ten such cars in your lifetime, it would be worth travelling to go see them! 

9 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Hi partner, I'm glad you still like my project, I had to take a break yesterday for the funeral of one of my uncles and I hope to come back soon with some pictures of my latest progress.

I can now think about my next project without getting too distracted and lost from the pickup... It's been too long since I've started anything new, I feel a bit lost by the embarrassment of choice, everything about drag racing interests me but my speed of execution doesn't do it justice... 🙄

Francis

Sorry to hear about your Uncle Frances. Looking forward to your return when you are able to bud. 

Speed of execution doesn't do it justice.......hmmm....buddy.....continue to take your time and do your thing because you are doing nothing BUT justice to this truck. There are times I wished I could build faster but then again....I'm glad I don't. When you get this sucker done you're gonna be a happy man with a super great turn out. Not many of us here can do what you do with these things so keep on truckin' pal. You're doin' great!!! 

First off my condolences on your uncle.

Although you are frustrated with your build pace I can say without a doubt that it would take most of us a lot longer to achieve what you've done so far.  

Looking forward to seeing this artistic masterpiece finished. Know I will enjoy the next project you start.