Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell USA 2020 car kit news

Mr. Metallic

I can see the El Camino being a hot commodity, I'll certainly pick one up and maybe a '29 Roadster. The Rubicon and Luv don't interest me, but it seems like a lot of others are interested in them, so those I'm sure will sell very well. Hopefully there's more than just that handful, but I still haven't gotten any '68 Chevelles, '69 Boss 302's, '70 Cudas, '70 Firebirds, Grand Nationals, or Monte Carlo's yet so I already have a ton of catching up to do.

got several of the el caminos in the stash in both revellogram and mpc flavors so i’ll pass  never really cared for any of the TD stuff but that looks cool maybe i’ll pick one up  but the LUV that’s one i want and haven’t been able to lay my hands so it’ll find it’s way home 

The El Camaino is a welcome reissue, looks like it’s getting all the parts from every reissue of that kit, 

I’m more intrigued with the wrangler, from what little I can see it looks like it has a stock front bumper, are their any better pictures of the box art. Hopefully it get retooled to somewhat stock, and they get rid of that awful roll bar in the kit. 

Ed Sexton said a few things to me and other people when I was at the booth yesterday. First, the '29 coupe will have the Buick engine when issued.

Secondly, the Rubicon has parts that were tooled at the same time as the Tomb Raider kit but were never used. So the "new parts" must be an insert.  He told the man asking about the Jeep that it was meant to be a more "normal Rubicon, and that it is curbside.

Lastly, he said that the  Firebomb is all ready to go and they are just waiting for Tom Daniel to sign the contract. Whether that means that all is agreed upon and  it is a matter of Daniel mailing it back or that they are miles apart on the money, Sexton didn't say. 

Edited by Vince Nemanic
unclear wording

I'll definitely snag one of the little Luv trucks! Maybe two. Then I can pitch the POS stepside that occupies my shelf currently. I never understood why Monogram put those eight lug wheels on those. Also never understood the V-6 in the El Camino. Did it ever get a V-8 in later issues? I only have the first one.

54 minutes ago, Vince Nemanic said:

Lastly, he said that the  Firebomb is all ready to go and they are just waiting for Tom Daniel to sign the contract. Whether that means that all is agreed upon and  it is a matter of Daniel mailing it back or that they are miles apart on the money, Sexton didn't say. 

I'd say forget Tom Daniel. Release it as the Firebomb and save the money. That would be a win,win,win.  

45 minutes ago, Plowboy said:

I'd say forget Tom Daniel. Release it as the Firebomb and save the money. That would be a win,win,win.  

TD says he will no longer be working with 'new' Revell......kinda says it all to me.

Ditto Firebomb....

From TD’s website:

“REVELL- USA:

Well, it looks like the BAJA BANDITO kit is toast!

In addition - due to MAJOR contractual differences - my involvement with the “new”  REVELL-USA is over.”

Bummer ??

I’d still buy a Firebomb, but in the interest of the designer getting his due I’d prefer a Baja Bandito...

15 hours ago, Vince Nemanic said:

Ed Sexton said a few things to me and other people when I was at the booth yesterday. First, the '29 coupe will have the Buick engine when issued.

Secondly, the Rubicon has parts that were tooled at the same time as the Tomb Raider kit but were never used. So the "new parts" must be an insert.  He told the man asking about the Jeep that it was meant to be a more "normal Rubicon, and that it is curbside.

Tomb Raider kit...?

3 hours ago, Casey said:

revell-tomb-raider-jeep-rubicon.jpg.d63ec001e099e193983c653618550fe5.jpg

This (green box art below) was the styrene kit version a few years ago from this tool.. stock bumpers and stock size tires and wheels would be nice, along with a stock roll bar..this kit had an odd non-stock rollbar that I presume came from the Tomb Raider metal body kit.

51hd1piVu4L._SX466_.jpg

Edited by Rob Hall

I'm stoked about the "new parts" that will be added to the Jeep. Stuff that was designed and tooled years ago, but never used,  comes back to give Revell an "All New Kit" that they can market.  How many other 'Tooled but Never Used:"parts are hiding in plain sight at Revell? I doubt we'll ever know. But as "New" versions of existing kits come to market, that will give some idea of what is there.

I'll be buying that LUV too. Odd little truck. Now if they'd add the trailer and Motor Cycles! The Elky, will sell in huge numbers, I predict. It is a sharp, clean design, and with all the options in one box, it gives the builder a number of directions to take the build. That will make it a great seller. I'm in for at least two of 'em.