Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 Model Factory Hiro Ferrari 250GTO

Beautiful model Scott!  Cleanly built too. You might be new in the forum, but you must be pretty seasoned modeler.

And if there are any flaws (because every model has them), I don't want to hear about them! :)

Edited by peteski

Scott, that is VERY, VERY impressive! :wub: 

I've got two of those 1/12 MFH Ferraris........the '63 GTO and the Daytona Spyder. I got the Spyder not long after I found out that they would not make any more new Ferrari kits.......just sell what they had left. So I broke the bank and took the plunge on one. 

Your GTO is sooooo nice and clean! I especially like the way if you'd like you can show the engine actually working with pistons and all. That detail right there made me spring for one. Don't know when it'll be built, but I know of no other company that does one in this scale with that amount of insane detail.  

And yes, you must have been building for awhile as those MFH kits are NOT for the faint of heart or the lack of skills. ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very nice build Scott !

On 2/3/2020 at 10:48 AM, BaldOldMan54 said:

Hey Guys, This is my first post here, hope you like it.

Oh yeah I like it...I've been looking through the MFH catalogue, and boy do they have some nice kits...

What's next on the bench..?

Scott that is one terrific model you built and shared the pics on here to see.                  MFH multi medium kits...………...Fabulous model kits, but boy are they expensive!

They have just released a fully detailed Bugatti 35B in 1/12 scale...………...Right up my street if I can scrape the money together!     It is £525.00 here in the UK

Ron your yard sale find looks like the Burago die cast. I have one kicking around somewhere with a view to maybe detailing it up some time in the future.

Gabriel, regarding RH drive cars,  from my experience any LH drive cars gear shift patterns that I have driven in the UK are no different to RH drive. Just the steering wheel, and foot pedals are on the opposite side of the car. Effectively just using the standard gearbox with my right hand instead my left in a LH drive car that you are probably used to. No point in motor manufacturers making opposite handed gearboxes!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...