Model Cars Magazine Forum

83 Olds Cutlass pro street

Steve H

15 minutes ago, Steve H said:

I gotta say, I love how your French accent is ever so subtly noticeable in your typing.

Thank you for being forgiving about my English my friend ... besides being a fantastic place to share our skills, it is also a good place for me to practice Shakespeare's language!

A pleasure and a win-win situation!!! ?

Speaking twin turbo engine you will have to be patient...lol

• 1 year later...

That is some good looking old school muscle right there.  Nice color and those twin turbo's look ready to spool up to smoke those big ol meats in the rear.  Nice touch with the detailing in the trunk.  Great job man and nice stance. 

7 hours ago, Mattilacken said:

Man what a nice build! One of my favorite builds on this forum! 

Thank you very much Anton! I appreciate your kind words. Forgot to mention in my PM to you that the paint is actually a very dark blue on this. Hard to tell in the photos.

2 hours ago, Zippi said:

That is some good looking old school muscle right there.  Nice color and those twin turbo's look ready to spool up to smoke those big ol meats in the rear.  Nice touch with the detailing in the trunk.  Great job man and nice stance. 

Thank you Bob. Good ol pro street build, still love the pro street look myself. If I was doing this again, I would use mirrored turbos for more symmetry under the hood, but I’m still pleased with it. Good news is I have some mirrored turbos now for a future build….

22 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

I don't know how I missed this one. Wow, that is a fantastic looking car Steve, and the detail, just WOW!!!!!!!👍👍

Hello Mike! I really like these cars, along with the Monte Carlos, Regals etc. It was a fun one to build.

21 hours ago, Reuhkapelti2 said:

Outstanding work. I've built some twin turbo engines too to my models, but oh boy your set up looks so real. And the whole model looks really great. 

Thank you Ismo. 

21 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Steve!

Wow, first glance at this beauty for me... I'm late to the show! 

Very nice, the stance is great, and the space under the hood must be as scarce as in downtown Vancouver. It gives full meaning to the word "packaging".

Bravo!

CT 

Hi Claude! This one was posted not long after I joined the forum. The stance on this one turned out really well I think, as you know, I like ‘me low! Things were a little snug under the hood. 

20 hours ago, Dan Hay said:

Looks fast!  I love the plumbing job on the twin turbskies.

Dan, I’m pretty sure this would scuff the tires. Thanks for having a look.

14 hours ago, Keef said:

*picks jaw up off floor* THAT is a BEAUTIFUL G-body!!!

Hi Keith. I appreciate the enthusiasm! 

18 hours ago, xs650shawn said:

Awesome!

Thank you Shawn.

17 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

My comment? All of the above. Great build.

Hi Bill, that says a lot, thanks!! I appreciate you having a look. 

7 hours ago, Draggon said:

This is an education on pro street stance. Everyone building a pro street car needs to look at this. Perfect! 

Hi Glenn. I appreciate you taste in stance!! I like ‘em low. Everyone has their own idea of “perfect stance”, this is mine. It often makes for a bunch of extra work, but results are worth it to me. Thanks very much for your enthusiasm. It’s nice to see this build getting some attention, pro street isn’t the trendy look these days but I still like the look.
You might like this too?….

1FB04A68-3A40-4DB8-B7AB-BD25B8563BF3.thumb.jpeg.1bb04d59ffa24a95b53f9d49e9c9ba75.jpeg

20 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Wow! I love this body style, and I've had a similar pro street build designed in my head forever. 

Very clean and well done build. The engine and stance are killer.

Hi Craig, I appreciate the kind words. I hope you will share your build when you get to it!!

12 hours ago, Olskoolrodder said:

VERY nice! :D 

Thank you Stephen

Cheers, Steve

• Like 1