Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ads getting out of hand again

Redisetta

Dave, I’m using an iPad. It can get a little frustrating, but I guess it’s a necessary evil,lol. I can live with it. I don’t post much here but I have been a member for about six years. I visit the site a couple of times a day and have benefited so very much from listening to you guys. 

I have noticed that they're getting bigger and bigger to the point that they now take up more than half of each page when you're trying to read about some ones build or look at the finished build. They have gotten beyond rude or annoying and now are becoming down right obnoxious. I hope there is something that can be done about it soon.  

Yep, ad blocker plus. Sorry if it effects any revenue that go's to the forum, but over the last few years it's become impossible to surf the web without it. Might be better to use a donation based system. I'm a member of a few forums that work on that system and they're doing fine. YouTube is one of the worst for ads and in my opinion unusable without ad blocker cos it used to freeze my laptop from overheating, I was pulling my hair out!