Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '56 Chevy Del Ray

Mr mopar

6 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

And, that's it?!? No other information on tentative rerelease? Nothing else except a picture of a box? Posts like this are a waste of people's time.

It's just a reissue...probably 1st quarter 2021...nothing to get upset about...

I know that this would be a reissue. What annoys the hell out of me is when somebody post a cryptic picture like this with no further information with which to place it in proper context. After all, this is the "Car Kits & Reviews" section, not the cool box art forum.

1 hour ago, SfanGoch said:

And, that's it?!? No other information on tentative rerelease? Nothing else except a picture of a box? Posts like this are a waste of people's time.

If there was a date I would have put it in the thread sorry for posting it I will not post any  more because of you here on this form .

1 hour ago, Casey said:

It's clear to most this is a near-straight reissue of the California Wheels version, for which there are reviews here:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/revell-1956-chevy-del-ray/

revell-1956-chevy-del-ray.jpg.4e2941b6d5989175a56356c5edb70e3b.jpg

New decals, box art, Bob's your uncle.

Near straight, except this one can also be built stock. I hope Hobby Lobby gets some in. I could use a couple.

2 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

I know that this would be a reissue. What annoys the hell out of me is when somebody post a cryptic picture like this with no further information with which to place it in proper context. After all, this is the "Car Kits & Reviews" section, not the cool box art forum.

Wow man relax, take a deep breath...………..

42 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

If there was a date I would have put it in the thread sorry for posting it I will not post any  more because of you here on this form .

One person gives you criticism, but how many like you post?

So post away...wanna see more more, much more, cuz I'm a plasticholic :D

17 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

EFCC1A8A-6A05-4D11-912C-470C4814C348.jpeg.6e5bb9cf879ff3e473c65cc2741d9a83.jpeg
I owned this one back in the day! Actually owned it twice but that’s a long story. And I only have one picture. You can see the back corner of my 65 Barracuda and tail end of my 66 Valiant in the driveway.

I do have to build a copy of this car one of these days!

need to finish mine, think the paint should've gassed out after 15 years....

18216551_400567113661480_3813698362498648667_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=e3f864&_nc_ohc=xkuImLkJRzQAX_LpFzq&_nc_ht=scontent-bru2-1.xx&oh=eb2a2e67c062f7a738aa34696f65c550&oe=5FA3B816

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I dunno, old-school scallops and big "hot wheels" don't seem to go together...kinda like wearing neon-yellow sneakers with a double-breasted suit.....:unsure:

Hopefully , that guy at George's Garage is awaiting the recycling man to come along and buy those wheels . In the meantime , he's installing a trad paint scheme .

Don't think that I've not seen exactly the outfit you've described --- I grew up in a Los Angeles suburb ! Haha !

"I'm not fond of the '56 car's looks. Chevy never should have "Improved" the '55, IMHO."

I like the '55 better overall than the '56, but think the radiused quarter panel wheelhouse opening on the '56 & '57 looks way better than the ones on the '55, though it was done right on the Nomad.  My folks had a '57 Bel Air hardtop, so that's my favorite Tri-Five since I remember it well.

Ya the '56 was the ugly middle sister of the tri 5s to many people. I still think it's the best of the three models. Don't get me wrong, I like the '55 and the '57 just fine but for me the '56 is the best of them all. I have never built a low ridder '56 and only a few others. The big hoops will not be used but some nice chrome reverse wheel with pin wall whites . There will be some metal flake and pearl as well. 

9 minutes ago, espo said:

Ya the '56 was the ugly middle sister of the tri 5s to many people. I still think it's the best of the three models. Don't get me wrong, I like the '55 and the '57 just fine but for me the '56 is the best of them all. I have never built a low ridder '56 and only a few others. The big hoops will not be used but some nice chrome reverse wheel with pin wall whites . There will be some metal flake and pearl as well. 

I agree, the 56 is the best looking one of the bunch!