Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anglia gasser

Limeyglue

Here is my latest completed build. Revell Anglia modified with a narrowed 32 Ford axle as I didn't like the kit one as the wheels were nowhere near the arches. Wheels and rear tires are Cragars from the AMT heavy chevy with modified backs and part box front tires. Engine is from the Swindler 2 Willy's. Paint is Tamiya light pearl blue with racing blue fogging. This is my first build using an airbrush and I pretty happy how it turned out. 

Thanks for looking Lee

20210512_200820.jpg

20210512_200910.jpg

20210512_200852.jpg

20210512_200757.jpg

20210512_200734.jpg

20210512_200714.jpg

20210512_195753.jpg

20210512_195736.jpg

20210512_195837.jpg

20210512_195447.jpg

20210512_195518.jpg

Very, VERY nice! I hear that's not an easy kit to build but you've done a fine, fine job with it. AND you've managed to capture the authentic "'60s gasser" look better than many American-built models I've see. VERY well done and model on! B)

2 minutes ago, Limeyglue said:

Yep plenty of it!

K.  I just airbrushed some of the Tamiya acrylic for the first time and bought a can of the TS-13 to try.  Care to share how you sprayed the TS-13?  How long of a flash time between coats etc.

Lee, that s just stunning. Easily the best Anglia I have seen in many years.  I have a soft spot for this model, having received a Skippers Critter for my 13th birthday and catching chicken pox on the same day - so I didn't have to go to school for the last two weeks of the year and I got heaps of time to build my model!

I have to applaud you for the outstanding masking and fadeaway paint.  it must be awesome to be able to look at this any time you want - what a great achievement!

Cheers

Alan

8 hours ago, Zippi said:

K.  I just airbrushed some of the Tamiya acrylic for the first time and bought a can of the TS-13 to try.  Care to share how you sprayed the TS-13?  How long of a flash time between coats etc.

I just started with a light coat and then built the coats until I was happy with the coverage 

4 hours ago, alan barton said:

Lee, that s just stunning. Easily the best Anglia I have seen in many years.  I have a soft spot for this model, having received a Skippers Critter for my 13th birthday and catching chicken pox on the same day - so I didn't have to go to school for the last two weeks of the year and I got heaps of time to build my model!

I have to applaud you for the outstanding masking and fadeaway paint.  it must be awesome to be able to look at this any time you want - what a great achievement!

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan